¹.¹ 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐬 𝐅𝟒

∘₊✧──────✧ ¹

∘₊✧──────✧ ¹.¹ ᵀʰᵉʸ ᵃʳᵉ ᵏⁿᵒʷⁿ ᵃˢ ᶠ⁴ ✧──────✧₊∘

The morning bell of Köcher High School of Bangkok rang as students rushed to get to their classes, while some ran off to the grounds to skip them. The cafeteria was occupied by the senior students who were free in the morning and were currently having breakfast or simply gossiping.

Gorya was completing her homework which she hadn't been able to do the day before. Stuck at her part-time job, she had completely forgotten about it by the time she reached home. Ignoring the shrieks and shouts from her classmates who were discussing expensive bags and summer vacations, she tried to complete the last problem when someone came and sat in front of her.

"Hi, I'm Hana." The girl introduced herself cheerfully as she smiled in Gorya's direction. She hadn't seen her before so she was left in an awkward position.

Noticing her tense frame, she explained "I've just moved here today from the US."

Gorya relaxed a bit but was still silent as she couldn't believe someone had approached her. An awkward silence filled in as Hana waited for her reply. Not getting one, she asked, "What's wrong?"

Finally snapping out of it, and replying with nothing, she smiled at the girl and introduced herself, "My name is Gorya. Nice to meet you." 

Hana grinned but then noticed the lonely atmosphere around her. Curious, she asked, "Why are you doing your homework alone?" Gorya looked around the classroom. Indeed, everyone else was in groups and were chit-chatting among themselves.

They didn't have anything to worry about. 

Looking back at Hana, she explained, "I'm on an athletic scholarship here, so I have to pay more attention in class than anyone else." She hesitated for a second before continuing, "Also, I don't really know how to talk to anyone here." She finished with a small laugh.

"Why?" Hana asked, clearly confused as the girl seemed to have a bright, outgoing personality.

Gorya scanned the room and then pointed towards three girls. "You see them?"

As if on cue, the said girls shrieked as one of them showed off a new purse she had bought, the other two taking pictures and squealing over the same.

"They like to talk about expensive bags that they just bought or which country they will go to this summer. For an international school like this one, only rich kids go here. There aren't many students who are on a scholarship like me."