Too Good To Be True

Start from the beginning

Camilla was the first to grab Rosa's hand, followed by Marina. As they headed into the house, Keith and Lance started grabbing their luggage from the car. Lance turned as he heard the screen door slam shut and his older brother Luis walking down the porch stairs.

"Sí mamá lo sé," Luis yelled back to their mom before letting out a sigh.

"Mom made you help us didn't she?" Lance asked with a smirk.

"Could be worse, Marco is stuck helping dad clean the shed out back," Luis said with a chuckle. "Hasn't been cleaned in months."

"I don't pity him," Lance replied with a chuckle. "Luis you remember Keith right?"

Keith turned at the sound of his name being called. He caught the gaze of Luis who nodded upon seeing Keith.

"Yeah I remember," Luis said with a smile. "Nice to see you again."

"Yeah, same here," Keith replied with a nod, slinging a bag over his shoulder. He had met Luis a few times whenever he would come over and Luis and his family were visiting. Today must have been one of those times.

~

By the time Keith and Lance were settled into Lance's room and the twins were set up in the guest bedroom, dinner was called. Lance's father greeted him as he and Marco came in from out back. It was almost funny how calm everything was. Keith expected it to be tense in the family but it was surprisingly calm.

Luis and Lisa's children Nadia and Sylvio got along well with Camilla and Marina, despite the age difference. Keith smiled to himself having a weight off his shoulders, at least he knew that whenever they visited again, the twins would get along with their cousins.

~

After dinner, Nadia and Sylvio headed out into the backyard with the twins and Kosmo. Luis and Marco were in the kitchen helping clean up with Lisa and Rachel doing the dishes.

"Keith," Michael called out as he and Rosa entered the living room. Lance and Keith turned from where they were cuddling on the couch, Rosa and Michael sitting on the loveseat near the couch. "I- we want to apologize."

"Oh," Keith said sitting up and shaking his head softly. "Really, there's no need-"

"But there is," Rosa said with a soft shake of her head. "Because of our judgement, we pushed Lance to break up with you in order to please us and what we thought was best. Which in turn, not only hurt Lance but you as well."

"We just wanted to let you know that you and your daughters have a place here," Michael said with a smile. "And we hope that you can forgive us."

"Of course," Keith said with a soft nod. "You were just doing what you thought was right, as a parent now myself, I understand."

"I'm glad," Rosa said with a smile. "Now, why don't you tell us about those girls of yours?"

~

A few months later, Lance had fully moved in with Keith and the twins. While his parents would miss their son being home, they understood his commitment to Keith and the girls and supported him on his decision.

Within those months, Romelle and Allura had gotten engaged and were set to be married that fall. Shiro and Adam had also started finally planning a wedding, much to Krolia's excitement that they were finally getting married. The couple had also purchased a house in Millcreek to be closer to Krolia and Keith but also to be closer to Adam's parents who lived closer to Millcreek than Cranston.

Lance also had talked with his parents about going to school to pursue a career in teaching and his parents were more than willing to support him through school. Of course, it had just been an idea and Lance was still debating if he wanted to.