Kathir noticed her standing with her head high, though he knew she was breaking down inside. Strands of her black hair flitters across Mullai's face. His hands itched to brush them away but he doesn't. If he touches her, he will pull her for a kiss and he wants to save it for later, when she is more willing.

Now that her anger came down, she slowly started to notice him more. He was standing so close to her that his breath was tickling her skin and she was burning red. "Adhaiyum pakalam", she said . Thankfully her mouth decided to stand up for herself.

Saying that, she pushed him away and sits down against the wall and starts eating the soan papadi not bothering to look at him nor offer him any.

He sighed as he contemplated what to do next. After a minute, he came and sat and made himself comfortable next to her. His warmth filled the air around her. She felt his gaze on her.

"Pinna vangitu vandhadha thuki poda solriya?"

"Naan onumey solalayey", he replied with tongue on his cheeks. He wondered how she changed her mood within seconds. One minute she could act all matured, next minute she could be all confused and next minute forget everything and act like a child. He chuckled louder at her act.

"Unaku venuma?"

"venamnu elam solla matean. Un kuda sendhu sapida than vangitey vandhean", he said scooting close to her and extending his hand on the packet which caused her to smile. But he noticed her smile was sad. He extended his hand with soan papadi near her mouth. She looked at him surprised. He extended it further and she opened to her mouth allowing him to feed her.

When she was about to take the next mouth, he held her wrist stopping her and raised his eyebrows "Enaku?"

Her lips curved upwards further, and she feed him the piece. They ended up feeding each other and lost in each other's eyes, not realizing the packet was empty long back.

"Kathiru..."

"Hmm", he said realizing her tone went back to being serious.

"Naan unna romba kasta padutharean illa?"

"Eii. Adhu elam illa. Adha pathi pesa venam. Vidu"

"Enaku puriyudhu. Nee enakaga than ipadi oru mudivu yeduthenu. Adha nenacha avalavu sandhosama iruku. Adhey samayam, enakaga nee kudumbatha vitu pirinju vara vekka manasu illa. "

When he started to say something, she stopped him and continued "Adhu matum illla. Enaikavadhu enala than nee veeta vitu vandhutenu solita? "

The words made her choke. She composed herself and continued "Adhu ilana kuda, unaku oru naal indha mudivu thappunu thoniduchuna?"

By now, she could not hold it any longer and tears flowed her cheeks. He wiped her tears away and made her look up at him.

"En life la seriya edhuvum nadakadhunu enaku thonitey iruku Kathiru.."

Despite the firmness of her words, he still had to ask "Enna kadhalichadhum thappa than nadadhudhunu nenaikariya?"

She just nodded a big no immediately with tears failing to stop flowing.

He hugged her closer. No matter what happens, she was a ray of light in his life. He can not imagine a life without her now. He knew no words could give that faith in her. He wanted to live by it and make her forget all her inhibitions.

"Ipodhaiku naan enna sonalum, unaku kolapama than irukum. Nee konja neram edaiyum yosikadha. Enna nambara thana?", he asked and she nodded into his chest. He smiled a little and hugged her closer.