Chapter 18

As promised, Pranati took Jugnu to the park along with Rey. She was settled on a bench while both Jugnu and Rey went to the near by ice cream shop to get one for Jugnu.

Pranati was about to go but stopped by seeing Archit coming towards her. She just remembered what Reyansh told to him morning.

"Are you fine?" Asked Archit looking at Pranati.

She didn't reply anything but gave her one of the realistic fake smile, which can only get noticed by him.

He went and sat on a bench and patted beside him but she dodged him by going away.

"Congratulations on your sacrifice!" She rooted at her place listening this from Archit.

"Whatever you're doing is definitely not right prani." Archit told standing infront of her looking straight into her eyes.

"I know what I'm doing is not right Archit but it's not wrong also because my child will lead a respectful life with this decision of mine." Pranati told the words which were fed into her system by Dadi earlier.

Archit looked at her, appalled. She is not the same Prani whom he love, the woman infront of him is broken with the society words while fighting against the society for her daughter and finally lost herself. She was forced to take decision against her will for her daughter's welfare and good future but her tragic fate is that, her daughter never understands her efforts instead she always gets blamed for the mistake she never did.

"I know Prani what you're saying is not from your heart. I don't want you to sacrifice anything for your daughter, I'll stand by you with your single word." Archit told.

"I know Archit but I don't want you to suffer because of me. Till now whatever happened in your life because of me is enough. I'll never want you to suffer with the feelings you have for me and also with the situation of mine now, I can never give hope to you that I'll come back into your life." Before Pranati could complete.

Archit said
"Prani, listen. I had feelings for you but not now. I agree that I loved you but now I respect you more than anyone, I have seen many people in my life but what you're going through and being strong till now has increased your value in my view. If it's like you're thinking that I want you in my life back, then erase it because I don't want to loss the only strong friend in my life. I promise you that I'll never force you to come into my life again but if you want you're always welcome as a family friend, this promise is not just to get you over the guilt of being events happened till now between us but also to ensure that I'll always there for you as a friend, a true one."

That was so much to take for Pranati, she hugged him and told "Thanks idiot."

Archit smiled at her reply. He was happy to get his friend back.

Reyansh and Jugnu were coming back from ice cream shop. Rey was shocked to see them like that, his heart was burning as coal, he wants to burn Archit in his angry.

" You should have taken butterscotch for nayi maa." Jugnu told while looking at chocolate ice cream in her hand.

Reyansh didn't respond instead he dropped the one of the ice creams he is holding.

"Ufff bandar papa, what did you do?" Jugnu shouted stopping Reyansh at his thoughts and making him focus on her. Even Pranati and Archit were now looking at them.

"Now you can't eat any ice cream as shop is also closed." Said Jugnu sadly looking at the shop and Rey.

Archit and Pranati came towards them.

"Bacha, what happened?" Asked Archit looking at Jugnu.

"This monkey father of mine had dropped his ice cream and now the shop is also closed. How will we have family time ice cream?" Jugnu asked innocently while slapping on Reyansh hand slightly.

"That's not a problem bacha, your mom and dad will share the ice cream.. And how about this!? You three share your ice cream." Archit suggested Jugnu. This statement from him shocked Pranati and Reyansh. Infact Reyansh was shell shocked.

"Yes, this would be great idea uncle..." Saying this Jugnu high fied with Archit.

"Nayi maa, will you share your ice cream with this bandar papa?" Jugnu asked with her sweet puppy voice and cute expression which had made Pranati accept her request.

"Okay then, have a nice family time... I'll take a leave.. good night."  Archit announced and left from there.

Archit heart was again broken but now he understood there is somewhere the old and shattered love is blooming, he could see a hope in Reyansh eyes. He also knows that Pranati loves only Reyansh, however she is not accepting that fact, deep inside her there is still that love for Reyansh was alive. He accepted the truth and left his love for her happiness but he feels something wrong happening again he'll not think twice to take her away from Reyansh.

After Archit left, Reyansh, Pranati and Jugnu sat on the bench and had ice cream. Pranati was happy because Jugnu is happy. Reyansh was happy looking at Pranati. He felt relief to see Pranati happy again.

They took selfies before leaving the park. Jugnu had a best night in all her years.

While driving, Pranati and Jugnu sat in passenger seats, Jugnu was sleeping in Pranati's lap and said "You know Nayi maa, this is the best night I ever had. Thank you."

Listening this Pranati kissed Jugnu's forehead and said "You'll have more like this beta."

For the first time Jugnu felt the mothers love in her entire life. She knew that this is true, not like other mothers who had adopted her previously. Thinking of their fake concern and love, at last pain a small drop of tear flowed out of her eyes.

"Jugnu, bacha what happened?" Asked Pranati who felt her hand wet.

"If you've love me so much, then why did you leave me in orphanage?" Asked Jugnu.

"I can't say you  how it happened but I promise I'll never leave your hand again." Said Pranati.

The both mother and daughter's eyes were welled up. Reyansh who could feel the moment had turned on the loud music turning their attention towards him. Immediately Jugnu wiped her eyes and jumped into front seat.

Looking at that scene, Pranati yelled "Jugnu!!! Why had you jumped like that?"

"Because I want to dance." She replied while shaking her hands and tapping her legs to the music.

"There's no doubt, how much manners I make you learn. Still your father habits dominant my manners." Scolding Pranati looking at both the father and daughter. After few minutes of fun in car Jugnu slept and they reached home. Pranati took her into arms and made her sleep in room.

Reyansh came towards them and said "Good night Prani."
His voice was so sweet that she almost lost herself in his voice, he slowly touched her cheeks and kissed her forehead and left from there immediately in flash light speed. They both were shocked with his action.