Armin came over to the couch and handed both Annie and Sasha a glass of wine. Sasha smiled up at him in thanks, then took a sip. 

"Where's my glass Armeeeen?" You jutted a lip out at Armin. You knew you were not forgotten though, you just wanted to bust his chops.

But Eren stood up before the blonde could say anything back, telling you that he would get it. He walked into the kitchen, where there was another filled glass. Eren came back, handing it down to you, and then he took you by surprise. He didn't sit back down on the couch, instead he turned and headed right back into the kitchen. Situating himself right next to Mikasa.

As you sipped your wine you tried really hard to tune into their conversation, but you couldn't hear a word. They had glanced over at you a few times, which meant they were talking about you - and they probably didn't want you to know. They always did that. It was annoying.

"How was AOT this morning?" Sasha asked during the overlap of episodes from Netflix.

Dammit

It wasn't her fault for asking, she didn't know what happened. You wished she didn't bring it up, as you did not want to tell this group of people the truth of the morning. You would need to come up with a white lie, and fast. You bit the inside of your cheek before responding. "I was only there for a few minutes." You attempted to give them the least amount of information. Trying hard not to dig a hole.

"Really? I thought you would have hung there for a bit." Sasha continued, sounding confused. You sent her a pleading glance, a subtle one as you were in a room full of people you didn't want knowing you business. Sasha didn't notice. 

There was an awkward silence after, everyone waiting for your response, the only sounds the next episode playing on the TV and the rhythmic chopping of some food item coming from the kitchen. 

You blurted out an easy excuse. "Jean was sleeping when I got there." Short and to the point. If he was sleeping, he wouldn't want to do anything. "I woke him up to apologize and he got cranky so I left."

Sasha looked satisfied with that answer, and turned back to the TV. Which meant no more questions for the time being. From over in the kitchen though, you heard the sudden clanking of a fallen metal utensil. It rang as it clattered on the tile flooring.

"Eren!" Mikasa called out, scolding him. "Pay attention or don't help at all. You could have dropped the knife on your foot."

You watched from the couch as Eren hung his head low in response to her. His long fingers gripped harshly on the part of countertop that stuck out, his knuckles white from the tight hold he had on the faux granite. He made no move to bend down to pick up what he had dropped.

"Speaking of Jean, do we know when the rest of the guys are showing up?" Armin asked, directing the question at no one in particular. He walked over to where Eren was standing and bent down, picking up the knife. Armin began attending to the boy, leaning toward his ear and whispering something. Eren dropped the grip on the counter and nodded at him. Whatever Armin said has snapped him right out of his funk.

"Connie texted that they were gonna be a bit late. Some stuff came up at the house." Sasha explained, taking the last sip of her wine. She now had an empty glass.

Looking down at your own, you realized you had a ways to go before you would finish it. You took multiple long sips, drinking it down to a little below half full. It was part of your plan to get drunk today.

"They better show up, I made so much pizza." Mikasa sighed, staring down at the counter where the mess of the meal prep was laid out.

"You made pizza?!"