SIX

"𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘵, 𝘊𝘢𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘷𝘢"

CEDRIC SUCKED IN A BREATH AS HIS HEARTBEAT PICKED UP, his cheeks flushed and tinted red as he watched a certain brunette laugh and make fun of the Weasley twins under the warm orange light of the great hall's candles, that accentuated just how much the years have been generous to him.

Cedric had his elbow on the table, propping his chin on his palm, plate of food left untouched.

"Hey, Ced could you..." Eliott stopped talking when he realized that Cedric had his attention on another person. He followed his gaze to the Gryffindor table, directly to non other than Adrian Black who was laughing at the two redheads whose name Eliott couldn't remember . "I don't understand how that poor guy hasn't put a restraining order against you yet."

Cedric nodded absentmindedly, not taking his eyes off of the other boy. But then realization slowly hit him, and he was quick to turn toward his friend, eyes wide.

"What do you mean?" He feigned innocence, looking anywhere but his friend.

"What's up with you?" Instead of answering Ced, the boy just fired another question. This had gotten the attention of some other hufflepuffs.

"Nothing." Cedric prayed to whoever was out there that he wasn't blushing.

"Yeah...sure." Eliott's tone was still suspicious, but he didn't pry. "We're all going to Hogsmead next weekend, you'll join right?"

"Yeah, yeah of course." Cedric nodded, playing with his food and not really paying attention.

"Anyways, as I was saying..." from that point on, the golden haired boy had tuned his friends out.

"Did you know that Diggory has been keeping his eye on you the whole morning?" Fred questioned, nudging his brother who was not so subtly snickering.

Adrian raised an eyebrow, as he turned to the Hufflepuff table and looked for Cedric Diggory. He was obviously sitting next to his bunch of friends and was looking at him, and when Adrian's eyes met his, he didn't show any intention of looking away, as if he didn't care if Adrian caught him, or simply considered that there was nothing Rian could do about it anyways.

But then his friend seemed to be calling for him, so Cedric turned away.

"He's just so hell bent in ruining my life." Adrian grumbled, although he knew that the other boy hasn't done anything but mind his own business.

"How so?" This time it was Oliver Wood who questioned him.

"I don't know— he just keeps trying to talk to me, and stares at me as if I was some kind of clown in a circus." Adrian didn't know why he was talking to these guys— but it felt good to complain a bit.