Chapter 9: The Heartfelt Strap

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, I didn't want to wake you up," said Amuro, as he combed Arina hair with his fingers, taking care of any locks that were displaced during her nap.

"These children want to go to Chiyari Station to pick up something their friend lost. Do you want to come?" Amuro asked.

"Sure!" Arina exclaimed happily, though she felt an extremely heavy presence full of resentment directly behind her. Even without looking back, she knew that it was no one other than her twin brother who was probably furious at her for going on a date with Amuro, no less.

"So what is this thing your friend lost?" Arina asked the children.

"Haibara-san lost her Higo-san phone strap," said Mitsuhiko.

"Higo-san? As in from Big Osaka?" Arina asked.

"Yup!" said Genta.

"By the way, Arina-neechan, why were you sleeping in Amuro-niichan's car?" asked Ayumi.

"Eh?" Arina hesitated for a moment, while Amuro let out a laugh.

"We just came from the aquarium, actually," Amuro explained.

"Wow, the aquarium!" exclaimed Ayumi.

"Cool!" exclaimed Genta.

Ayumi turned beside her to look at Conan who seemed down.

"Is something the matter, Conan-kun? Could it be that you're not feeling well?" Ayumi asked him.

Arina froze.

'Gah! He's furious, isn't he...he's definitely furious!' Arina inwardly panicked.

"It's nothing," Conan said with an evil-sounding laugh, sending a chill down Arina's spine.

After a few minutes drive, they arrived at Chiyari Station. They waited at the train station's office for an employee to find the strap.

"Sorry for keeping you children waiting!" exclaimed the station employee. "Here, it's this charm, right?" he said as he held up a phone strap of a Big Osaka player.

"No!" exclaimed Ayumi.

"That's Sanada," said Genta.

"The one we lost was of Higo-senshu!" said Mitsuhiko.

"A different one?" the employee asked, confused.

"Hey, the one who brought this to you," Conan started as he took out his phone. "Was it this man?" Conan said as he held out a picture in his phone for the employee to see.

"No, it was a younger man," the employee replied.

"Hm, I wonder what happened," said Arina.

"Maybe..." Amuro started as he gestured for Conan to hand the phone over to him. "The man in that video...it looks like he's the father of the boy next to him. Maybe he mistook the charm your friend dropped for the charm his son dropped and picked it up."

"So basically his son dropped the Sanada charm, and someone picked it up and brought it here..." Conan deduced.

"Then we need to search for the father and son in the video!" Mitsuhiko exclaimed.

"But how? We don't even know their names," said Ayumi.

"Well let's think about it after we get back in my car," said Amuro.

The group started heading back to the car.

"Ah, right!" Genta suddenly exclaimed as he turned around and ran back to the train station office.