Chapter 9: The Heartfelt Strap

Start from the beginning

"Wow, it's absolutely beautiful!" Arina exclaimed in excitement as she gazed at the cerulean blue water-filled walls and ceiling, with majestic sea creatures swimming around.

Amuro laughed.

"I'm glad you're enjoying," he said. "But there are quite a lot of people here today," Amuro said with a sigh.

"Well it's a good things walls are covered in aquarium all the way up to the ceiling! That way, we can still see the fish even if it's crowded," Arina said with a laugh.

Suddenly, someone bumped into Arina, and she lost her balance for a moment, and her hat fell off her head. Amuro swiftly grabbed her hand to stop her from falling.

"Arina-chan, are you alright?" he asked her as she regained her balance.

"Oh yes, thank you," she said she said with an embarrassed laugh.

Amuro bent down to retrieve her fallen hat.

"Be careful okay? There are a lot of people. Don't forget about your surroundings while looking at the swimming fish," Amuro said with a laugh.

"And here," Amuro placed the bucket hat on her head, and pulled the sides down so it wouldn't fall off again.

At this, Arina felt her face burn under her hat.

Arina and Amuro went to every attraction in the aquarium. They watched the dolphin show, the sealion show, and even pet penguins. Arina really did enjoy her first date from start to end.

They had exhausted all the attractions late in the afternoon, and decided to go home. Arina, who was absolutely exhausted, fell asleep on the way home. She had work until late the previous day, and she even woke up early to prepare for her first date. On top of that, she eagerly played in the aquarium, probably using up all of her energy.

Amuro stopped next to the Kudou house, not wanting to wake up Arina, who's sleeping face he found to be adorably peaceful. He just sat in his car and watched her for a while, playing with her hair a little bit, twirling a lock around his finger.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the car window. Turning around, Amuro was met with the sight of Okiya Subaru, Edogawa Conan, and three other children.

Amuro rolled down the car window.

"It's Amuro-san!" exclaimed Mitsuhiko. "What are you doing here?"

Amuro held a finger to his lips, signaling for them to be quiet, then pointed next to him with his thumb, to Arina who was fast asleep.

At the sight of this, Conan, was absolutely furious. Arina hadn't told him anything about this. He even warned her. Although he knew that Amuro was actually an undercover member in the Black Organization, that didn't change the fact that he was a dangerous man connected to dangerous people.

"And what are you children doing here?" Amuro asked them in a hushed voice.

"We're going to Chiyari Station to retrieve a charm our friend lost. Could you drive us there in your car?" said Ayumi

"That's a request from me too," said Subaru.

The children all went into the car, and just before they set off, Arina woke up.

"Eh? Did I fall asleep?" she said, still coming to her senses.

"Ah, I'm sorry Re-" Arina started, as she turned her head to the back of the car, noticing four children squished together.

"Huh..."

"Hi, Arina-neechan!" exclaimed Ayumi. Genta and Mitsuhiko waved happily.

Arina saw Conan, but refused to make eye contact with him out of fear.