11 • Gift Ceremony (2)

CAMILO'S POV

I was looking around for Antonio, it was almost time for the gift ceremony but he's nowhere to be seen. I walked outside, hopeful that I'd see him.

“Camilo!”

Someone called me, making me turn around. A girl, around my age walked up to me with her hands behind her.

“Hola, señorita! What can I do for you?”

She smiled before taking out a small box behind her, what's this?

“I thought I'd give Antonio a gift for his gift ceremony, but I can't seem to find him anywhere. So, I'll give it to you instead.”

She says with a shrug, handing me the small box.

“Gracías! I'll make sure he receives it.”

She nods and chuckles, but doesn't leave.

“Is there.. anything else, señorita?”

I asked, politely smiling at her. She then nods, taking a step closer, but before she could say anything I heard a shuffle behind us. I turned around, seeing Y/n walking away.

“Y/n!”

I called out, a smile immediately appearing on my face. I then turned to the girl Infront of me, giving her an apologetic smile.

Lo siento, I have to go. I'll see you around.”

She looked a bit stunned, but I shrugged it off and started running up to Y/n.

“Y/n!”

I caught up with her, she turned around and gave me a soft smile. So Pretty.

“Hola, chico. What's up?”

She asked, glancing at the gift on my hand.

“Oh, she gave me Antonio's gift since she couldn't find him either. I wonder where he is..”

“I see, I thought she was your girlfriend or.. something.”

She laughed, looking away. I smirked and rested my arm on her shoulders.

“Why? Were you jealous?”

I teased, poking her side. She scoffed, shrugging my arm off.

“No! Nobody's jealous.”

She rolled her eyes, crossing her arms. I chuckled before looking down at her.

“By the way, you look beautiful. I love your dress, it suits you.”

I stated, giving her a heartfelt smile. She looks back up at me, tucking her hair away from her face.

“Thank you! You don't look too bad yourself, Guapo.”

The nickname caught me off-guard. I felt my cheeks heat up, making me laugh.

“Thank you, Hermosa.”

She chuckles and nods. I then noticed the people starting to walk in, it was time for me to start greeting the guests.

I looked back at Y/n who was already staring at me. I laughed and ruffled her hair.

“I'm sorry, you can continue staring at me later. I have to go greet the guests. I'll see you later, Bonita.”

I quickly walked away before Abuela noticed that I wasn't doing what I was supposed to.

Y/N'S POV

Camilo walked away before I could reply. I sighed, fixing my ruffled hair. I walked to the dining area to go get food since I was already feeling a bit hungry.