~: Chapter Twenty-Three :~

Start from the beginning

-Time Skip: Three hours later-

We had reached the edge of the woods just outside the castle walls. It wasn't too busy on the walls, many of the guards looked half awake at best. That would at the very least make this easier for us, less bending needed to avoid detection. We had left the horses tied up a little further back in the trees, making sure they wouldn't make noise.

"Alright, shall we begin?" Bakugou asked, getting a reluctant nod from mom.

Mom and I both took a deep breath, knowing this would require a lot of energy to do. I shifted my focus towards all of the guards that had a view of the area we were in, carefully shifting the light around them so that they had a mirrored image of the forest around us. The only detail missing from this mirror was us. I could feel Sero grab my hand, most likely mothers as well to let me know we were moving now.

I nodded silently as he started to carefully lead us towards the castle. I could feel a shadow as we got closer, chilling the air that seemed to normally radiate heat. A door opened nearby and Sero gave my hand a squeeze to let me know it was alright. Once the door was closed behind us I released my hold on the light outside, shifting it to the light that lined the halls.

"Alright Kami, you know where to cover. Check in?" Sero whispered.

"Me and Kirishima are fine." I heard Bakgou whisper, farther down the hall.

"I'll be fine." Mom said next to me.

"I'm ok, just a little dizzy. I'll hold out as long as possible." I stated, blinding a guard that stepped into the hall at the far end.

I could hear someone's feet tapping against the stone floor before a soft grunt was heard before the guard was pushed into a closet. Mom grabbed my hand, both of us moving into an empty room and locking the door. Sero scraped something on the door, quickly following after the other two as they moved along our planned route. I worked hard to make sure I covered the places I needed to, leaning against the wall as my dizziness was getting worse.

-Kirishima's POV-

Kat, Sero, and I all ran through the halls as quietly as possible. Several guards would look our way before going back to their own business. I didn't feel comfortable with leaving Denki and his mother alone in that room, but knew that it'd be hard to keep them safe if they were with us. We finally made it to the room that Shoto had told us might hold the egg. It was a heavily guarded room and was protected from fairies abilities by some kind of charm.

Kat drew his sword, a determined scowl on his face as he slowly rose around a corner. Sero had his knives out, dripping with the light coating of poison on the blades. I shifted just enough so that I had my claws out and ready. Kat gave a nod to Sero who took a slingshot and launched a rock against a window frame, getting the guards to look over at it. He then ran out along with Kat, starting to attack the guards.

They managed to get several down before they took notice, some trying to run out towards me not knowing what was in store for them. I swiped at the lead guard, feeling his armor tear like paper under my claws. He fell back, knocking the other two over and choking on the blood that covered and filled him. The others looked at me terrified as I lurked towards them, a deep growl being the only sound they got from me.

Before I could pounce Kat had stabbed one of them, making the other try to jump passed me. They only got a few inches passed before I grabbed them and threw them back into the room, the keys rattling on his belt, and closing the door behind me as I followed. The guard was shaking and whimpering as he backed away from Kat and I, tears running down his face.

"P-please, I-I d-don't wanna die." he sobbed, falling to his knees with his head down.

"Open the door and forget you saw us, and you can live." Kat growled, making the man think for a moment before nodding and turning to unlock the door.

He threw it open, standing to the side as Kat walked in. The guard looked him over, making me furious, an almost foriegn growl coming from me. He froze, I could tell he knew where this growl was from. The rare growl that a dragon gives out when they are in a bloodlust. He didn't dare move as I growled at him.

"Kiribro, calm down." Sero stated, though it didn't do anything to calm me.

"Kirishima." Kat said, making me look at him.

He stood there with sword in hand, our egg in the other. He was perfectly calm as he looked me in the eye, no fear present as his intense stare made me more pliant to him. He raised his eyebrow, making me lower my head. For once, since I left the arena, I felt the need to submit to someone. I heard Kat push the guard into the room, locking it behind the guy and walking over to me.

He grabbed my hand, making me pull back due to my claws. He gripped my hand again and yanked it from my side to set it gently on our egg. It wobbled slightly, a tiny kick from the creature inside. I could feel the pride blossoming in my chest as we started to make our way back to Denki and his mother.

-Bakugou's POV-

When I had gone into the vault-like room I could hear a growl behind me, but it was the tiny noise in front of me afterwards that got my attention. A tiny chirping sound came from further in the room. I found something covered in a blanket and pulled it off carefully, finding our egg underneath. I picked it up, noting how cold it had gotten and carried it towards the exit of the room. I looked out to find Kiri practically feral with rage, watching the guard who looked like he was praying quietly.

"Kirishima." I said, trying to shift his attention.

It worked because when he looked at me he instantly began softening up, eventually bowing his head. I walked over to him after locking the guard in, wanting him to relax a bit. I grabbed his hand carefully, feeling the pressure of his razor sharp claws against my skin. Before I could move his hand to touch our lost egg he pulled his hand away from me, almost cutting my palm. I frowned and grabbed his hand again with more force, though gently setting it on the egg.

From the look on his face the kick that followed was a shock to both of us. He had one of the most childish smiles on his face the entire time we were heading back. Finally meeting up with the fairies in the hall. Dunce looked ready to pass out and his mom wasn't doing much better, not being used to this much use of magic.

We were on our way back to the forest when there was a thunderous roar nearby. It was both monstrous and human at the same time, sounding almost like applause. I could see Kiri's jaw clench and set at the sound. He looked over at me, a look of desperation on his face before looking back towards the cliff where the noise came from.

"We can't leave them here, they deserve to be free too." he said, sounding almost remorseful.

I thought for a moment, hoping to find a way to quickly deal with this. In the end I turned to Sero, seeing him straighten as he met my gaze. He nodded and held out his arms as I handed over the egg, he then grabbed Dunce's mother's hand and started towards the forest.

"Then let's go help them." I stated.