Chapter 11

—Later—

Isabela M.: Good idea, sis!

Isabela beamed as she saw what Mirabel pulled down from the closet. Directing a wink at her as she put the box down to place the piece of furniture back together.

Mirabel M.: Gotta make sure everything's ready for our prima. I'll leave some of the decorating to you.

Isabela nodded. Sitting down and helping Mirabel set up the crib. Mirabel set up the newer cushion and blanket. Isabela painted Fuega's name in orange, red, and yellow. Blooming a couple harmless flowers and leaf plants onto the top frame.

Then, they pushed it towards the corner of the room where Antonio's bed used to be. At least before the family moved it to his new room.

Mirabel beamed and jumped up and down from excitement as the two sisters looked at it. Isabela smiling brighter.

Isabela M.: I got an idea to make it even better!

Mirabel gasped.

Mirabel M.: Lay it on me!

Isabela paused, but smiled again, grabbing her sister's hand.

Isabela M.: I'll need to introduce you to someone first!

—Meanwhile—

Dolores met her parents and siblings in the kitchen. Going over and hugging them tight.

Dolores M.: It went great!

Abuela, despite standing where the upstairs could be seen, didn't see Isabela and Mirabel sneaking towards Bruno's tower carrying something. Gloria trailing behind them with some paint.

Pepa beamed, a rainbow shining over her head.

Pepa M.: Oh, thank goodness! I was so worried.

Camilo shifted his feet uncomfortably.

Camilo M.: Sorry I messed up your initial plan, Dolores.

Dolores waved it off.

Dolores M.: It worked out fine in the end.

Abuela folded her arms.

Alma M.: What I'm concerned with now is that people will wonder why it isn't Isabela. And why the wedding will happen so soon. Dolores, you may need to lay low for a while. Understand?

Dolores nodded, stiffening slightly at her grandmother's tone.

Then, the door opened. Agustín walked over, jumping and shouting with surprise.

Agustín M.: Bruno!

That one name got the whole house to be silent. Everyone who was in the kitchen crowding into the main room. And meeting a snow covered Bruno and Hernando. Bruno holding something under his repaired ruana.

Bruno M.: Hola, familia...

Alma was speechless.

Alma M.: Brunito...

Her gaze shifted to Hernando.

Alma M.: So it was you.

Hernando and Bruno shrank back a little.

Bruno M.: Yes, we,

Bruno paused, bracing himself.

Bruno M.: We got married a couple days ago. The night the blizzard started.

Bruno smiled weakly at Pepa, attempting to crack a joke.

Bruno M.: You got me back, Pepa.

Alma trembled.