The Attack

"Welcome to South Dakota" the sign read. Hannah, mom, dad, and I were going hiking. Hannah and I never had been hiking, and we were so excited. "Oh! I'm so excited!" Hannah squealed.

"Me too!" I shouted back. Mom and dad were smiling at us. Once we got to our hotel we all changed into our hiking suits. Mom and dad had to help me and Hannah into ours. Then we had to get back into the dreadful car. Luckily it only took about ten or fifteen minutes to get to the hiking trail. We all got out of the car.-- No I can't be dreaming this I have to wake up-- Me and Hannah were so excited. --WAKE UP!-- then we all started up the mountain.--Rose? Rose wake up.--

I was pulled from the world of dreams and put back in reality. "Rose? Rose are you awake?" Rae asked.

"Yeah I'm awake," I answered. Eye boogers were blocking out some of my vision, but I could tell it was day time.

"I think we should pack up and start walking," Rae yawned.

"Yeah that's a good idea, but I'm SO tried!" I stretched. Rae got up and then pulled me up from my warm bed. Me and her rolled up our sleeping bags ( hers a bright pink, mine a dull black.) Then we unzipped the tent and stepped out. I looked around to see how big the mess was. It wasn't very big considering there are two people.

Finally we finish cleaning and packing up. Rae then took out the map and showed me how far the gas station was. While she was showing me it the bushes started to rustle. I looked up first and it started moving again. This time Rae saw it move and she turned a ghostly white. Rae screamed a blood curtailing right when the wolf jumped out. My instincts took over and jumped in front of Rae. I always kept a knife or dagger on me just in case. Rae was screaming a breathless scream. I reach for my dagger and grabbed it. The wolf leapt out at me and I caught it with my dagger. It's wail was ear popping. It was so loud. The wolf dropped to the grasses ground howling in pain. I didn't want to have to kill it but if I didn't something worse would. I dropped to my knees and stabbed the wolf in the heart. That stab brought the last cry out of the animal.

"Rae are you okay?" I whispered.

"You killed a....." she wondered off.

"Rae? Rae are,are you okay?" I stuttered.

"Um yeah.I think, are you okay?" Rae asked.

"I fine," I answered," Come on we need to start walking."

"Um okay", Rae answered still in a daze. I got up and took Rae's arm a basically dragged Rae through the forest.

When we reached the road Rae was walking on her own, but she was very quiet. I knew she had never seen something like that. I also knew I that Rae needs time to coop with what she saw.

"Rae I can see the gas station! Look!" I shouted.

"Hurray! Hurray!!" Rae burst. I then knew she was going to be fine. Thinking this made me smile.