✨ ℂ𝕙. 𝟘𝟞 ✨

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong bonita? It's almost as if you were scared of seeing me!" Camilo said with a laugh, but you saw right through his words. His eyes shone with a nefarious glint, getting the message across loud and clear that he knew something.

Mirabel gave out a nervous laugh to accompany her cousin, before taking your hand and pulling you away from the crowd.

"C'mon, I know a place around here that's more private than the main plaza," she said, Camilo following right behind you with a smirk. You were pretty clearly panicking.

As you were all walking along the streets of the small village, you were trying to ground yourself by pointing out different things that you saw. The red house, that apple stand, those kids running around. You were slowly slowing down the rapid beating of your heart, trying to stay as calm as possible.

Soon enough, you three arrived at a far smaller park closer to the Madrigal home than you would have liked. It was empty, seemingly abandoned for the way in which the kiddie games were rusty, their paint falling out in visible chunks. You turned towards the duo, standing a little defensively as Mirabel finally let go of your hand and stood next to Camilo.

All three of you were staring each other down, seemingly waiting for the other to make the first move before reacting. It was... tense, to say the least, and it was not how you would have liked this conversation to go at all. In fact, you would have liked to never tell Mirabel you would explain everything her, you should have just brainwashed her like you did to Camilo and be done with all of this-

"So... you said you had had a little issue with Camilo at the party. What was that about?" Mirabel started, cutting through the tension and adding infinite more layers.

"Yeah, would you remind me about that small issue (Y/n)? I can't seem to remember," Camilo added with a raised eyebrow, making your breath hitch. You stood there, looking at the duo in silence before letting your shoulders sink.

"You... you didn't bring him along because of your chores, did you Mirabel?" You said, staring at your "friend" as your brows furrowed and you took a step back. Camilo's smirk faded, reminding you of the way in which his nervous smile turned impatient the night before. His right arm went slightly in front of Mirabel, shielding her from your figure.

Meanwhile, Mirabel could only stare at you unbelievably. This confirmed that what Camilo said was true, right? So why did it make her heart sting to see you staring at her with so much distrust, as if you were strangers.

"I- "

"Yeah Torres, I'm not here out of coincidence," Camilo said, his gaze never leaving your body as his eyes shot daggers at you. "I know you did something yesterday night, Mirabel knows as well, so save yourself the trouble and time and just confess already before things get any worse."

You couldn't believe what you were hearing. Camilo was not only aware of you doing something to him – which made you feel ten times more guilty for having ever submitted him to such a thing – but he was also threatening you into telling the truth! Your chest rose and fell over and over again as your breaths quickened and your eyes darted to everything around you. It was only then that you noticed how your back was against the rusty kiddie games, while they stood near the closest escape to a crowd where you could hide.