I laughed nervously.
"I apologize. I am dream and this is ink. We have come for information. We are on a quest? I think, bad we were lead to this au. We talked to your brother, he said you used to spend time with a skeleton that visited."

Crafts smile dropped slightly and his eye lights went dim, though he still continued to somehow look happy.

"Ah yes. I remember him. His name was error, and came by here every so often. He always looked injured or tired but always insisted he was fine. Everyone liked the guy, he seemed to know a lot about crafting and he even knew how to knit! He disappeared one day though. I miss him."

The room was silent. Grillby had left to the kitchen, not wanting to eavesdrop. Ink looked stunned, but kept his head down.

"We knew him."

Craft looked at me and I smiled reassuringly at him.

"He was... Not okay. He was a good person, but we didn't know. He uh... He destroyed aus for a living, but it was for a good reason. He's gone now though. Somewhere in the void, most likely."

The room was once again silent.

"Thank you for informing me."
Crafts voice was Shaky, but he didn't cry. I didn't even know if he was capable of tearing up.

I put my hand on his shoulder.
"It's okay. He probably is in another place now. Everyone was aware be wasn't happy here. He did have friends, but he was being abused for centuries here."

"I have given you information. Can you leave me alone? I am sorry but it would be embarrassing to cry Infront of strangers."

I nodded and motioned ink to follow me out of the small bar. We had all the information craft could give, it wasn't worth it to continue bothering him.

Ink was silent the rest of the way back.

---

I stood awkwardly next to nightmare. Dream, ink, and blue had run off to who knows where, and to be honest i am kind of scared of nightmare. With all this negativity, he is currently one of the most powerful entities in the multiverse.

"Soo...uh, what do we do now?"
I asked.

Nightmare frowned, tendrils twitching in annoyance.

"Those dumbasses didn't even notice we spawned right next to another clue."

I squinted and looked around.
"What? Where?"

Nightmare sighed and swiped his boot across the snow, revealing a door.

A door.

A door in the middle of the woods in the ground. The doorknob was sticking out of the snow and we didn't even notice.

I crouched down and twisted the knob. Of course it was locked, typical.

"We need a key."
I stood up and dusted the snow off my clothes.

"Yeah. Wow so intelligent."

I felt like that was sarcastic.

"Ooh a door. I think we need a key for that."

I turn around to see ink and dream approach us. Nightmare groans.

"Uh yeah, we don't know where it is tho-"

"Heya guys I'm back, is that a door in the ground? I think we need a key for that..."

I turned again to see blue walk out of some bushes. I look at nightmare and he looks majorly disappointed with his head in his hands.

"Yeah.... We need a key. We don't know where it is though."
I said.

"Hmmm... I've got a solution!"
I then watched as ink proceeded to bang his brush into the doorknob, somewhat successfully swinging the door open.

"There!"
Ink grinned proudly.

"Well that's one way."
Dream shrugged, walking over to the hole. We looked down into the seemingly endless pit.

I squinted and was able to make out shapes in the darkness.
"I can see the bottom, it isn't actually that deep."

Nightmare hummed, jumped in the hole and used his tendrils to cushion the fall.

"Yeah it really isn't. You can just jump down. Use your magic though cause I'm not helping."

I jumped down the hole, not being very experienced in exercise however, I ended up landing in a very awkward position. I quickly stood up and brushed off the dirt, looking around the cave.

I heard dream come down, swiftly and experienced, but when I turned around, ink was on his face.

"He tripped over the door knob."
Dream looked at me with an expression of disappointment.

"Idiots."
I heard nightmare mumble.

Well, time to explore this cave.

---

So. Uh, still out of ideas, if anyone has any please tell me. I want to continue this story so much. I don't care how cringy or short your ideas are, hit me with em.

Updated: February 3, 2022

Words: 1341