First Fight

We made it to the elevator and he had walked ahead of me making my heart ache. I am such an idiot. He has done everything for me and I accuse him of things he has never done.
"Jace..." I whispered reaching out and laying my hand on him, which he promptly shrugged off. I wanted to cry. He was literally the only person in my life who has ever cared and I possibly ruined it. That's why this hurt so bad. Thats why I feel so stupid.
"Just... go to bed before I say something I regret." He said quietly when we made it in the apartment. I sighed and did as I was asked. I changed into red lace underwear, hoping he would come to bed soon. I sighed when he didn't. Pulling on a shirt as I walked out there, only to overhear a fight.
"I fucking told you not to try and take her." Jace yelled. "You almost raped her! She is not Heather. She will never be Heather, you took Heather from me, let that be enough. But Grace... make no mistake it will always be her over you. I forgave you once, I will not do this again."
"What if she asks me for it? Begs me on her knees to be with her, because you are such a depressed, rich boy with daddy issues and self esteem problems that she asks for a real man." Mark said nearly spitting on Jace.
"No." Jace said balling his hands into fists.
"I bet she'd scream louder for me-" Jaces fist collided with Marks jaw and the laughter ended. "Jace... What the hell you know I kid about this stuff." I peaked out the crack in the door.
"I told you never to come back." Jace said bitterly, I saw he was bleeding from his lip again and my heart ached.
"Just because its the truth doesn't mean it's not funny." Mark said chuckling and suddenly Jace was holding Mark against the wall. Mark was struggling to breath, but he was also getting solid hits in on Jace and I soon realized why. Jace wanted this to happen. He wanted to feel something and pain was all he knew. I ran out to stop it.
"No! Damn you, stop!" I blocked Jace's crumpled body with my own. Jace was laughing. "You masochistic idiot." I pushed him onto his back and his face was bloody. "Leave, Mark." I glared at him and I stood between him and Jace's limp body. He stared at Jace's body hastily making his getaway. I don't know why I was so brave in that moment, but I figured it was because Jace was in trouble.
I ran to the kitchen to get a wet paper towel. I came back and Jace was sitting up. I couldn't tell if he was okay. There was so much blood. I realized it was because of his busted lip and I started applying pressure. I expected him to wince but he just stared at the wall behind me. I knelt next to him and assessed his other injuries.
"We really should define what we are. Maybe bring in that contract I mentioned." Jace said softly.
"I just-" I said back. "I couldn't believe why someone like you would pick me, choose to be with me without force. Have the papers drawn and I will look them over."
"I couldn't believe someone like you would stay." He said and I met his eyes. He winced finally and I stopped.
"So why did you start this fight with him?" I asked wanting to know his reasons for being so self loathing.
"I told him to never come back." He said and his eyes went cold. "He hurt you." I raised an eyebrow at him. I felt the color drain from my face at the thought of how bad it could have been and leaned in kissing his slightly swollen lip. He kissed me back making mine equally as swollen. He suddenly pulled me close and pushed us to the floor where his hand slid up my shirt all the way up my back and gripping my shoulders as I trapped his tongue between my lips, sucking gently. He pulled away biting my lip. He then proceeded to undo my bra and I gasped as his warm hands covered my chest. I felt his kisses trail down my neck making me moan and wrap my legs around him. He dragged his tongue up my neck and to my ear where he tickled my ear with air. I latched my hands together behind his neck and kissed his jaw. I felt my bra clip back on and Jace pushed off pulling me up with him. He was holding me with one hand and holding his ribcage with another.
"Not tonight." He whispered and as he studied my face he kissed my lips swiftly sighing and then walking to our bedroom. I followed and climbed into bed after him. He slept in just his boxers tonight and I pressed myself against his body.
"You tease." He growled and I smiled. Skin on skin. We were both just in our underwear. He groaned. "You make being good impossible." I kissed his chest and slid my tongue up his neck.
"Then don't be good."
"Nope. This is your punishment..." he announced. "You won't get off so easy with your accusations, little lady. No touching tonight." He said scooting far away enough just so all I felt was the faint radiation of warmth he gave off.
"How cruel." I said pouting, knowing full well if I pushed him he would leave for the couch altogether.
"Goodnight, Grace." He said and I wanted to frown at his closed eyes all night, but I decided it'd be best just to sleep.
Minutes later his hand held mine and I was pulled firmly into his arms.