He offered a nod and a noncommittal hum, still tensely gripping his cane.

Estelle was, like Foggy said, well-known by most in Hell's Kitchen. Her family owned a pottery shop near the end of the block for as long as Matt could remember, but it was among the many buildings destroyed when the Avengers debuted. When Foggy and Matt were buying their office, Estelle had been in the process of finalizing her new shop space—right next door. She had, in fact, gifted them both a mug, with a small engraving of Lady Justice on the front, one hand gripping her scale. Matt liked Estelle; she was like a sister, which was why it only unnerved him further to see her wrap Artemis Bell in a brief hug.

"Careful," Bell joked, raising his hands to avoid touching her. "Don't wanna mess up your shirt."

"Ah, shut up," Estelle rolled her eyes, but an easy smile was on her lips regardless. "Help me with my new wares, would ya? I've got about five pieces ready to go into the shop."

Matt felt sick, the Devil climbing higher in his throat, begging to be set free. A hand on his shoulder made him flinch, and Foggy's voice entered his ears. "Well, we'd better get going," he said, shooting them a cheesy wink. "We're going to Josie's to celebrate—I'm milking this whole savior of Hell's Kitchen thing for as long as possible."

They bid them goodbye, and the trio began the short trek to the bar. As soon as they were there, Karen excused herself to the bathroom, and Foggy rounded on Matt.

"What the hell was that?"

Matt blinked, refusing to admit to anything. "What was what?"

"You know what," Foggy hissed, pointing at him (he had stopped holding back any physical emphasis after learning that Matt could hear it). "You looked like you wanted to deck Artemis!"

"Well, I wouldn't know," he retorted. Matt knew he was being obstinate on purpose, but he didn't want to have this talk now. Or ever, really.

Foggy said nothing, just fixing him with the most disappointed glare he could, arms crossed until Matt caved.

"He was lying, Foggy," he hissed finally.

Foggy remained unimpressed. "Yeah, people do that, Matt. We barely know the guy; I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want to spill his whole life story right then and there."

Matt closed his eyes, breathing deeply to quell the frustration rising in his chest. "He was lying about practically everything, even his name."

A pause. Foggy blinked once. Twice. Three times. He breathed in through his nose, out through his mouth. "Okay, that might be a little weird."

"Thanks," Matt replied, smiling tightly.

"Don't give me that." Foggy rolled his eyes, offering his arm for Matt to take. Even after finding out about the Devil, Foggy still offered his arm to keep up appearances. Though he would never admit it, a small part of Matt appreciated the familiarity. "Well, whoever he is, just leave it alone for now."

"Foggy—"

"Don't 'Foggy' me," he shot back, no actual malice in his voice. "We just put Fisk away. I think the next life-threatening adventure can wait at least, like, a week or something."

"Y—"

"A week, Murdock." He repeated, faux sternly. They sat down at the bar, offering a brief greeting to Josie.

Karen joined them soon after, looking between them with a raised eyebrow. "Something up?"

Foggy scoffed jokingly before Matt could speak up. "I think he's jealous that Artemis's coming for his Hottest Guy title."