Chapter 1

I lay on my side staring out at the room eyes half-closed. As I woke up I realized that I didn't know where I was or how I'd gotten here in the first place.

"Ok," I said looking around and trying to stifle the sudden dread that rose in me. "I'm in a bedroom." I paused mentally to firmly set that fact in mind before continuing. "Whose bedroom?"

"Looks like a girl's room," I said aloud to myself slowly working my way out from under the covers. I had no sure way of knowing if this was a girl's room. It just felt right by looking at the posters of boy bands, the large collection of stuffed animals, and the neatly arranged room. I swung one foot down and then the other, noticing that my feet came nowhere close to the carpet.

Sliding off the bed, I noticed it came a little higher than my waist. Everything in the room seemed to be fitted to this standard, which was not mine. Standing almost as an afterthought in one corner of the room by the French doors was a full-length mirror. Resting lightly on the looking glass was a bathrobe.

I walked over to the mirror, curiosity gripped me. "How did I get here?" I asked myself. "Where's here anyway?" I frowned as I realized I couldn't recall any details about myself.

My heart hammered in my chest. I had no clue where I was or why I was here or even who I was! With a quick flick of my wrist upon the robe, my reflection stared back at me. The shocked expression did nothing to ease my feeling

The robe landed at my feet. My three-toed foot with three claws. The inside claws of my feet were slightly larger and more pronounced matching the one that made up my heel. "What creature has a need for claws like these?" I thought. My eyes crept up my body to examine my dark brown scales there were tinges of speckled green mixed in.

Behind the figure in the mirror was a tail. Moderate in size, sleek and sexy! I turned to look at it, ignoring the mirror for a moment. Should I have a tail? Was it normal to have tails? What about the feet? Is that normal?

Turning back to the mirror I leaned in closer until my snout almost touched the mirror. My brilliant blue eyes were set slightly back atop of my snout.

My nose and mouth however comprised the entirety of my snout. Opening my mouth I was greeted by a vast number of white, razor-sharp-looking teeth all of them angled towards the back of my mouth. Along the bottom of my mouth was a forked tongue. "These teeth aren't for chewing," I mumbled watching my lipless snout move as I spoke. I stuck my tongue out tasting the air around me. I giggled a nervous giggle despite myself. "Ok, you know what you look like now."

I looked around the room again. "I have to find out where and who I am." I focused upon the note attached to the top of the mirror. "What's this?" I pulled lightly upon the tape so I could better read the paper.

You are Sasha Ariel Jones, and if you're reading this and don't know who you are then you've lost your memory again. Go to the computer you have a lot to read. Don't worry there is no password.

Sasha

The note looked to have been crumpled many times in the same spot over and over. As if someone had grabbed it and read it many times, crumbling it with gradual wear and tear.

With some trepidation, I turned towards the computer and took a deep sigh. Sasha... Who names their child Sasha?

Taking a seat at the computer I moved the mouse. The monitor's light flashed green and lit up. The first image I saw was the picture desktop of a family photo of sorts I guessed judging by the three people in the picture.

A tall man wearing a pair of khakis and a polo shirt hugged his barrel chest and broad shoulders. His face was adorned by a neatly trimmed beard and horn-rimmed glasses. Directly to his right was a small girl barely a teen by the looks of her. Her skin was the deep tan of someone who spent far too much time tanning. Her light blond hair reflected that aside from those features she was rather plain with a visible happy grin on her face. On the young girl's right was a tall woman dressed smartly in a blouse and dress her brownish red hair styled into a shoulder-length drape that curved inwards to accent her neck.