Plight.

CHAPTER TWEVLEBoston, MA

CHAPTER TWEVLE
Boston, MA.
8:56 a.m.
| 02.19.16. |

____

The muffled sounds of the TV played in the early hours of the morning. A faint smell drifted throughout the waiting room in where Hassan sat.

The man sat in the cushioned chair, his head downward as he twiddled around with the ring that laid on his finger. He thought about his wife, and where she could've been. Apart of him wanted to be upset with her for not being here— but his reminiscing thoughts wouldn't allow him.

Through all of this chaos that Hassan knew he caused, he could only think of how it would affect his family. Even with him snitching through his interrogation, and framing his fellow associates— he did it all to protect himself and his family. Yet it wasn't guaranteed. Things could get get sour when the police make their moves, making it all a lose–lose scenario.

He popped out of his thoughts as he saw Naomi walk into the waiting room. Hassan stood up, giving his seat up to the woman, and found himself another.

" Has the surgery started?" the woman voiced, concerned about her son.

" Yeah, they started a few minutes ago. It should only be an hour."

" I know." Naomi answered. She tapped her foot as she glanced at the screen at her phone, waiting for time to pass her by.

She constant checked her messages, seeing if Kofi opened her messages. He'd yet to do so, leaving Naomi to only wonder. It had been three days since they last saw each other, and Kofi informed the woman that he needed to go back to New Orleans for work. She understood, but she would've thought the man would've took the time to message or even call her.

Hassan noticed the woman's movements, and was tempted to make conversation. Granted, they were in the same space while being here in Boston— but they haven't talked like Hassan thought they should've. The man could take accountability in why that hadn't happened for them.

" How come you came in late? I thought you would've been here before me."

" I woke up feeling sluggish, that's all." Naomi answered, still glaring at her phone.

" You need me to get you something? I can across the way to the mini market and grab you someth–"

" I'm fine."

Hassan nodded, taking the sudden cutoff the Naomi gave him. He continued to study the woman's body language and expression, his eyes firm on his wife.