Discontinue?

So this may finally happen. Something I thought might never happen but it possibly could.

First off I would like to start off saying how I don't appreciate some of you telling me to update this book when you knew it's on hold. If any writer puts ON HOLD next to a book. Then it's on hold for a reason. And I gave you guys plenty reasons as to why I wasn't updating this book. And you can't just be telling writers to update their books because you want them too. They might be trying to come up with new ideas, might want to work on something else or they might be just need to take a break.

For me? I was focusing a lot more on my other books especially Ariel Forbes and Clarissa Forbes at the time.

But as of recently, I realized that I need to take a step back from TVD itself. Why? Because of burnout. Ever since joining wattpad, most of my books are TVD related and I've read so many TVD books. I spent so much time of TVD that it's make me tired. And it wasn't till back in December that I realized I wasn't reading TVD books as much as I used too. So I need to go onto other things. I really wanted to update this book last fall but... I didn't want to give you all a trash chapter.

I've tried my best. No matter what ideas I came up with, they would just not work. I originally planned a Buffy crossover because of this hunter vibe I was going for but I felt that wouldn't work because of the timing. Buffy came out in like what, mid 90s? And TVD starts in 2009. Then I tried to make it work with like an older Buffy but couldn't come up with anything. I had this Hunter Soulmate thing idea but it just wasn't enough. Now I know there is a comic that continues Buffy but I really don't have any interest in that and would rather have a show instead.

What I think messed me up was have James already get the cure because what was going to happen after that was him forcing it down Klaus' throat, completing his revenge. Because right after that, I can come up with nothing! They're not going to deal with the travelers or fit into the whole Gemini Coven storyline. So I don't know what to do. I really might have to discontinue this book.