Chapter 38: Evermore (エバーモア)

Start from the beginning

You chuckle.
"Well I certainly wasn't a cold hearted person"
"But you did start to come out of your shell more"
"...That's true"

You smile brightly while you blush. Which was another thing Tanjiro started to see.

"And your smile. You began to smile more than ever. (Y/n), promise me to keep smiling. You are very beautiful to me when you do. I want to cherish you being happy forever. I want you to stick by my side forever so I can see that smile" he says as he grabs both of your hands.

You look at him straight in the eyes in shock. Nezuko was also shocked.
"Is that a proposal?" You asked.

Tanjiro looked a bit confused until he remembered what he just said. And he started to blush many shades of red.

"U-Uhm well...I-I didn't really mean to say it so early. I actually planned to tell you later, uh, I guess I ruined the surprise, haha" he rubs the back of his head.

Nezuko gasps as she covers her mouth, while you looked like you got whiplashed. But then you started to cry.

This spooked Tanjiro and Nezuko but only before you jump on top of Tanjiro and give him a hug and kiss on the lips.

It was tears of joy.

"Yes! Of course I will!"
"(Y/n) I didn't even say it though!"
"Then say it brother! Hurry! Hurry!"

"(Y/n), please marry me—!"
"My answer is yes either way! I want to be with you forever Tanjiro!"

You hug him tight and gave him lots of kisses on the face. He chuckles and blushes as he holds on to you.

"I can't believe it. Haha, (y/n) you make me so happy, I'm glad" Tanjiro almost tears up.

"I love you" he says.
"I love you too"

While you two were having your moment, Nezuko was watching the scene unfold before her.

She squeals.
"Kyaa, you two are so in love!! I'm so happy for the both of you! I'm going to have a sister-in-law!" She also joins in the hug with you two.

"Kamado (y/n), wow. That's going to be my last name..." you tear up in joy.

Your ancestor was right. Life was becoming more beautiful in your eyes.
_____

At the Ubuyashiki estate, you were sitting down along with your brother and Sanemi.

I'm the end you three were the only Hashiras left alive. It was crazy how many of you there was for the results to end up this small.

You were sad, but you also prayed for everyone for there happiness on the other side.

"Thank you for coming. This is our final hashira meeting. Sanemi. Giyuu. (Y/n). You three are the only surviving hashiras...and many rank-and-file corps died. However we successfully eradicated all the demons. Thus, the demon slayer corps disbands today"

"Understood" you three say.

"For many years, fighters such as yourselves risked your lives..."
"...and fought bravely to save people of the world..."