CHAPTER 1 - drunk already?

my phone vibrates and i groan, reaching over to the bedside table. i rub my eyes, seeing who's calling. "taylor t-swizzle" the call reads. why is she calling me at 7:30 in the morning? i think, pressing accept and bringing my phone to my ear. "hello?" i groan, half asleep. "y/n- wait, are you sleeping." she asks. "i was." i say, rubbing my face. "oh shit, sorry." she apologises before speaking again. "anyways, i wanna introduce you to someone. you'll like her. meet at the studio in 20?" she says, and i groan. "fine. see you there." i say, hanging up. i get up, wash my face, brush my hair and my teeth. i look through my closet, picking loose brown jeans, cropped white shirt and a matching light brown jacket, leaving it unzipped. i take an apple for breakfast, putting my camera around my neck with the strap. i take the car keys and leave my apartment, locking it behind me. i go to the garage, unlocking my car and getting in. 

i park on the curb in front of the building, locking it as i get out. "morning, jill." i say to jill at the receptionist table. "morning, y/n." she says, smiling. i walk past her, to studio 3, where taylor and i always go. i yawn, and open the door in the process. i look around, taylor on the couch and a girl next to her, talking. "y/n!" taylor says, standing up. "hi, taylor." i say, and she hugs me which i hug her back. "this is hailee, hailee steinfeld." taylor says, moving out of the way so i can see her. i examine her, her hair being out, perfect face structure, and an amazing, brown jacket. and wow, her smile was perfect.

 and wow, her smile was perfect

(this)

hailee stands up, her being the same height as me. "we're matching outfits- y'know, with the brown situation." she chuckles, awkwardly. "yeah, i guess we are. i'm y/n, y/n, l/n." i say, putting my hand out. "i'm hailee." she says, smiling as she shakes my hand back. what does she use on her hands? they're so soft... "so, you're probably wondering why i brought you here, y/n." taylor says, taking me out of my thoughts. "yes, and that you woke me up at 7:30 in the morning." i reply, sitting down. "well technically like 7:44- but who's counting? anyways, hailee here has real talent." she says, and i nod, hailee smiling awkwardly. "so... i was wondering maybe you could produce for her, and maaaybe take her photos...? i know you have a busy schedule, y/n." taylor says, and i think. she's definitely got the looks... but does she have the songs? "can i hear a song of hers? i ask, and taylor nods, turning around to play something on the mixer. "this is one of her more known songs, it's called 'capital letters'." taylor says, playing it. i listen carefully, taking in every instrument i hear, along with her voice. 

"not bad... she's got potential." i say, as the song finishes. "and, she's an actor, too. she's playing kate bishop in hawkeye, even though you've probably known..." taylor says. "yeah, i film most marvel movies, along with some other people." i say. "congrats on the role." i say to hailee, and she smiles. "thanks. i was nervous as hell." she says, and i stand up, stretching. "also, i'm not that busy, i just finished olivia rodrigo's tour and that was my main priority for the time being." i say, yawning. "so you'll take her up on being her producer and photographer for tour?" taylor says, hopeful. "yeah, why not. i just need to sign like 200 sheets of paperwork, then it's official." i say, and hailee smiles.