The Girlfriend

She was always so silent, never spoke a word out of place. She didn't force herself into conversations and dropped topics if no one bothered to listen. She was the bread winners wife, with dinner on the table and dishes washed. Quietly she would fold the laundry, even place it in your drawers without protest.

She wasn't sore on the eyes, but she was a killer in the heart.

She dressed to impress, was a submissive little thing. She didn't bother where she wasn't wanted or needed. She didn't lurk or cling, she drifted and dotted. But if you called, she'd appear. She gave her full attention, even if she kept her eyes down. Her beauty caught everyone's desire, though there wasn't anything behind her exterior worth envying.

She gave a kiss when you demanded, and would wink at your ex girlfriend to give you brownie points. She made your sandwich when you asked, and put away the plate after she cleaned it. She picked up your laundry while you played video games, and didn't protest if you wasted your days sleeping. She didn't nag with texts or calls. She didn't cling and swat you from other woman.

She was the girlfriend everyone wished they had, but regretted when they did.

She was my girlfriend.