Opportunity

A few days pass and things are fine.

Fine, but they were about to get better.

I make my way towards the bus station and sit down. The bus comes quickly and everyone gets on. I waited two stops and got off at the third. I walk down Abalone St and try to find the building.

Here it is! Bikini Bottom Hall. I enter the building and admire the coral tree mural on the hallway wall. I walk to the end of the hall and open the doors to find myself in a circular room probably used for training.  Tons of instruments were in there. I was impressed at the sheer amount.

In the center of the instrument wreath, a shark is waiting. He has a clipboard in one hand, and the other on a piano.

"Are you Mr. Tentacles?" He asks.

"Yes. That's me."

"Great. My name is Alex Fin. You're here to show your skill, right? Pick any instrument you know how to play. You will receive training on all of them eventually if you get the position.

I look around the room, trying to decide what I should play. Should I go with a ukulele? Maybe the flute? What about the harpsichord?

Hmm. I should go with the safe route and stick with the piano.

I played a song and that was about it.

"Alright!" the shark said "Thank you for visiting today! We'll contact you in a few weeks with the results."

"Thank you so much for the opportunity" I said, "Have a nice day."

I left the building and hoped I got the job. The sooner I leave the dump that is the Krusty Krab, the better.

I didn't have a boat, so I went back down to the bus station and sat. I took a sip of my bang energy and even though I was drinking an energy drink, I was still tired.

It was the last bus of the day since, as you know, the Krusty Krab's hours are insane. Every day from the crack of dawn to midnight.

Seeing as I don't get much sleep even when I can, I of course fell asleep on the bus. When I woke back up, I was surprised I slept. The bus driver was shaking me and telling me to get off the bus. I got off but I had no idea where I was. Everything was dark except for a few neon glowing signs. I could vaguely see a vending machine, a sign, and a big clock at the top of one of the buildings.

I took a look at the clock first. 2:00 AM? Barnacles. I was going to be late for work. I next looked at the sign. In bold letters and a near unreadable font it read:

ROCK BOTTOM

I wouldn't be able to get out of here for a while. At least this will be one of my last days at the Krusty Krab.

I hope.

a/n: hi friends! i feel like authors notes make me feel more approachable y'know?

also the rock bottom episode reminds me of kisaragi station for some reason.