THIRTY-ONE

☀︎︎𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 THIRTY-ONE☀︎︎
  "You really are fucking scumbag."
———————————————

  Sweat ran down Ji-Hye's forehead as she saw every player jumping on glass.  Time went by and it was eventually her turn to jump on the glass.  She gulped and trembled every time she took a step, it was the most terrifying game that happened during these past few days. 

  For a moment, all you heard of arguing and yelling.  It was Player 101 turn but he didn't want to go.  He was yelling at everyone that they should go before, that he didn't want to die just for the others to live.  This made Ji-Hye's blood boil,  there was a limited time to cross the bridge and his talking took up half of the time they had left.

  Well not until Han Mi-Nyeo went up to him and decided that she was gonna fall with him.  She really did mean that he'll die for betraying her.  Player 101 couldn't fight back with her, she was gripping him very tightly.  So she threw herself back, with player 101 on top of her.  They both fell off the glass and died. 

  The last five minutes did go by fast.  There were only four players left, that included Ji-Hye.  The player that was number 14 helped them a lot, he could tell which glass was which.  Not until the lights went out.  That's when things did get complicated.  The player couldn't tell which glass was which.  Gi-Hun gave him a marble, to help him hear the difference between the glasses.  But he only had one and there were two glasses to choose from. 

  There was only around two minutes left and Sang-Woo lost his patience.  He knew that if the player in front of him wouldn't choose a glass, they would all be dead.  Sang-Woo jumped on the same glass the other player was on and pushed him off.  Ji-Hye stepped back and gasped.  She didn't expect him to act this way, never in a million years.  Everyone was surprised by his actions.

  Ji-Hye turned around and met Gi-Hun's eyes.  He just shook his head and signalized for her to go.  There were only a few seconds left so Ji-Hye quickly jumped around and crossed the bridge.

  The timer beeped and Ji-Hye sighed in relief.  All of them successfully crossed the bridge, but, everyone 's attention turned over when the glass of the bridge started to shatter.  All of the glass broke and all of the shatters were aimed at them.  Ji-Hye turned her face back around, getting cut by glass on her cheek on the process.  She cried in pain.

  In what felt like forever, it stopped.  Sang-Woo quickly looked over to Ji-Hye but she wrapped her hand around her stomach and began to breath hard.

-

  Ji-Hye limped over to one of the beds that was the closest to the door.  She didn't have enough strength to even walk correctly, it felt like her stomach was burning and blood was dripping down her clothes.  Ji-Hye tried to prevent the blood from leaking more so she decided to just put her arm around her stomach and press the clothing on her stomach. 

  "Why did you do it?" Ji-Hye heard Gi-Hun say to Sang-Woo.  She quickly lifted up her head. 

  "What are you trying to say?"

  "Why did you push him?" Sang-Woo scoffed

  "You chose the last number out of luck.  That makes you feel generous, huh?  What if that man ended up holding out like that thug? What would you have done?"

  "It was the last tile.  He was clearly going to move. "

  "How could you be so sure?" Sang-Woo yelled.  "He knew how to tell which was tempered glass, but just watched people fall and die."

  "In the end, both you and I crossed that bridge alive thanks to him."

  "Fucking bullshit.  I don't know about you, but I'm not alive because of him.  I'm alive because I worked my fucking ass off to stay alive. "

  "No matter what excuse you have, you just killed an innocent man." Gi-Hun's voice raised a bit. 

  "Get a grip! We have to kill everyone else anyways to leave with that money! Shouldn't you be grateful that I did the dirty work for you?"

  "If it were me, would you have still pushed? If-If Ji-Hye was in front of you, would you have pushed her as well?" Ji-Hye looked at the both of them, tensely.

  "Damn it.  Gi-Hun!" Sang-Woo shouted and bit his lip.  "Do you know why your life is so pathetic? Because you ask the dumbest questions even in this situation, constantly minding other people's business with that pea brain of yours, not knowing your ass from your elbow!"

  "Like if you're any different." Ji-Hye butted in, they both looked in her direction.  "Aren't you Cho Sang-Woo? The pride and joy of Ssangmun-dong.  The genius of everyone.  How did that work out for ya?"

  "You are no different from me Ji-Hye.  You went to SNU, also the intelligentsia of your town.  You're also in this hell hole for marrying a man who was in debt.  You're stuck in here with this dimwit as well."

  "The difference is that I didn't involve the people that I loved and provoke others for money.  I did all the work by myself!" Ji-Hye shook her head.

  "Clearly not if you're in here."

  "You really are fucking scumbag." Ji-Hye shook her head and held on to her stomach.  It was going to be a long night.

AUTHOR- Hey guys! How are you today? :)
The next few chapters are about to be.... Just have tissues prepared for the flashbacks. 🥲
Anyways, stan Ji-Hye's and Gi-Hun's friendship supremacy!!!