When this ad was broadcast, it ignited an immediate firestorm of chatter. Other than capturing the hearts of many middle-aged women, it was also very popular with many fathers. The download of this clip from Rong Air’s website reached several million in its first week, pushing the reach of this commercial even further.

Following that, people naturally asked the question, who is the little boy in the clip?

Not long after, Bai Lang’s fans immediately took out their precious small and large photos from three years ago.

It was impossible to hide, it was Qiu XiaoHai and his Ah Bai.

***

That Qiu XiaoHai would film Rong Air’s commercial, actually arose out of a coincidence.

The day of the filming happened to be a holiday. Qiu Qian didn’t have any set plans and Qiu XiaoHai also didn’t have school. Originally this family of three’s rare day off together was disrupted by Bai Lang’s job. So the family of three decided simply to go to the film set at the airport together and treat it as a family outing. Anyway Qiu XiaoHai also liked the airport, and the large and modern airport had many facilities for shopping, entertainment, etc. So they weren’t scared of him getting bored.

However the family of three had only just reached the waiting lounge which had been cleared for the purposes of filming the commercial, when they were informed that the young actor who had been contracted to play the part of the little boy, as well as his mother, were going to be late. They had called and said that they were stuck in a serious traffic jam and so the entire crew had no choice but to wait.

As for the traffic jam, it was the result of a last-minute car accident which had happened on the highway leading to the airport. It wouldn’t be able to be cleared easily. Since this was a misfortunate incident outside of anyone’s control, everyone had no choice but to cooperate and wait.

During this time, Bai Lang had already changed into his uniform and in this guise of a flight attendant was teased and played with by Qiu Qian for some time. After that the little actor still had not arrived. So the Qiu family father and son naturally accompanied Bai Lang to pass the time.

However they waited and waited, an hour passed, and then a second hour…. The little actor and his mother were still stuck on the road. The crew members called them furiously and repeatedly, the producer was so stressed his head was full of sweat, the set crew was also very anxious and jumpy. After all they were making the two big gods Bai Lang and Boss Qiu sit around and wait aimlessly, this was a big impediment to their health!

At this time, the director Chen Bing secretly pointed at the screen next to the camera. He said to the producer, “Xiao Fu, actually just then I filmed quite a lot. Almost one quarter of the important scenes are done.”

The producer Fu Yu was staring vainly at the entrance, he completely didn’t pay much attention and said, “The people haven’t arrived yet, how can you film?”

Chen Bing whispered in a low voice, “Bai Lang and that little Qiu boy ah. Several scenes can be used… no, actually it’s a case of if you didn’t use it it would be a real shame. What do you think, should we just…”

Fu Yu’s heart jumped. He immediately huddled in front of the screen and carefully reviewed the footage that had been taken secretly just before. When he saw it, it really fulfilled the parameters of the script. There was a little boy jumping up and down excitedly in front of the floor length window, and also one where Bai Lang was accompanying him to count the number of planes…. Each scene was natural and moving, every angle looked great. Chen Bing also was very careful and meticulous and avoided Boss Qiu appearing in any of the footage. This this this, really was using a dog’s huge courage..