Prologue

"No matter who you are or what you have been through, you will never go through war and come back the same. Some can make peace with war's horrors and live a normal and peaceful life. Others will always be plagued by the faces of the dead and the broken. But every man will come back changed, whether it be a little, or completely."

Forever Fall
Remnant

In the forest of Forever Fall, two men are running with a device in one's hand.

One of these men is Richard Climmons.

A US Marine who fought in Iraqi Freedom and somehow found himself on an entirely different world

Watching his back was Arthur Morrigan.

(A.N. Pretend the wall is a tree)

A Vietnam veteran who also found himself stuck on Remnant.

The two of them hopped over a fallen tree and took cover behind it.

"Please tell me we lost those damn beowulves." Richard panted.

Arthur quickly peeked over the fallen tree and scanned the surroundings. He didn't see anything.

"I think we're clear." He said as he slowly stood up.

Richard also cautiously stood up. As Arthur kept his M60 Machine Gun trained on the tree line, Richard looked back to the device in his hand. The screen showed a small pulsating blip to the northwest.

"Getting anything off of that?" Arthur asked.

"Whatever it is Ozpin wants us to find is about 6 klicks northwest." Richard said.

"Right then. Let's move." Arthur said.

Just as they turned around, two large monkey-like Grimm dropped down from the trees and roared at them. The two veterans stumbled onto their backs in surprise and dropped their weapons. They reached for their guns, but as soon as they had said firearms aimed at the Grimm, someone else lit them up like a Christmas tree.