Basic Love Story

After Keelie woke in the morning the rest of the day ran past. She didn't do anything, didn't meet up with anyone, not until 7. She set out again, down towards Lazee Fields. After what Blaine had said yesterday about always being there, she knew she wouldn't ever miss a day. She knew for a fact, he'd be sitting in that field, with his little notebook, staring off into the distance. She skipped into the field in her tight jeans and white top that showed off her flat stomach. As she hopped over the grass she kept her eye on the prowl for Blaine. They soon got attracted to his slender figure, which today, was standing up. She tiptoed over to him and brushed up beside him, he looked down at her.

"Hi."

"Hey." Keelie replied with a grin. He looked back up, then shut his notebook, sliding it into his pocket.

"Why are you so secretive of that little book?" Keelie laughed jokingly and patted the pocket he'd slid it into.

"Because it's mine." His voice was louder than it had ever been before.

"I know," Keelie smiled, "but I mean, I show stuff that's mine."

"This is different."

"Why?"

"It just is." Blaine stepped away from Keelie, meaning they weren't touching anymore.

"Whoa, overprotective." Keelie joked. She felt more comfortable with Blaine for some reason. Every night she felt differently about him.

"You don't get it." He exclaimed, loudly. His head spun round, "There are things in that book I never want you or anyone else to know about, nothing rude, nothing stupid, just personal." His eye's were on fire. Keelie wasn't sure whether she should tell him that she'd seen inside the book. She decided to keep quiet for the moment, although it may have been good, since their conversation wasn't getting anywhere. They stood apart for a few moments, the only sound being waves on the beach.

"I'm leaving now." Blaine walked away, like he did every night, but instead of just watching after him, Keelie decided to say something back.

"I've.." She didn't say anything else until Blaine had fully turned. His eyes were on her, fully, for the first time. 

"I've seen inside you're little notebook." She murmured , crossing her feet and twiddling her thumbs.

"You looked?" Blain spoke. Keelie didn't say anything, she didn't even look at him, for there was a certain look on his face that made her feel sick. 

"Well? Did you?" he demanded, every vein on his neck standing out.

"I couldn't help-"

"You just decided to go through someone's private property?" He walked straight up to her, his face inches from hers, his frown deeper than anyone else's she'd ever seen.

"I tried not to." Keelie quivered, she felt so intimidated.

"Next time, maybe, you should try harder." He spat the words into her face, making her quake.

"You can't honestly tell me you've never done anything like this before." Keelie tried to keep her ground, she didn't want to look weak in front of a near stranger.

"I can honestly tell you I've never snooped around someone's life before." He scowled, and turned away, walking fast. She did what she always did and stared back at him.

"You.. you're good at drawing." She whimpered. Her words made him slow down, hesitate for a second. But he just shook his head and walked on.

I take back those words from yesterday, she's just like the rest.