Chapter 52 - Flip-flops

Start from the beginning

Since even Big Boss Qiu was able to lower his head and speak in this manner, the unhappiness in most people’s hearts dissipated a lot. They went into filming with light hearts and pride. With this harmonious and sympathetic atmosphere, Bai Lang successfully began filming Chaos Street again.

***

“Cut! OK!” Qin Gang sat on the director’s seat, slapped his knee and yelled out loudly. “We will film scene 7 this afternoon.”

When the staff heard the director’s orders they immediately started moving. They dismantled the background set, retracted the electrical cords, organised the set pieces etc etc. There was also a team of three that rushed towards one of the corners of the street set of Chaos Street.

In that corner, Bai Lang raised himself up from the dusty and muddy street. His movements were very unsteady and immediately frightened Sun XiBin who was next to him. “Aiyo Brother Bai, are, are, are you alright ah?” He hurried to help him up.

Bai Lang steadied himself and looked around. The strap on his flip-flop had broken. “I’m fine. My shoes are broken. Thank you.”

The team of three immediately reached Bai Lang’s side. The young person in the lead immediately supported Bai Lang. “Big Brother Bai, please sit down and rest! I will immediately test your blood pressure!”

Bai Lang was already used to these kinds of exaggerated reactions. He only smiled and raised his foot. “I’m fine, it was just because of the shoes.”

The most muscular of the three young people immediately started yelling. “Xiao Wang! It’s your damned shoes again ah! How many pairs has it been now!? This time Big Brother Bai almost tripped ah!!”

When Xiao Wang, who was responsible for the set pieces, heard that he jumped up. “What!? Again?! I, I’ll change it immediately. Ai ai ai, if I knew I wouldn’t have bought them from X country. How come the quality is so bad ah!”

The people around him sniggered. “Hahaha, Xiao Wang you’re stupid ah. Why are you trying to save money on the shoes!? Haven’t you seen how much is left in the budget? Boss Qiu would love it if you spent more money!”

The young staff member’s face was very wronged. “But this style is very hard to pick. It can’t look too luxurious. Do you want Luo Zai to wear gold flip-flops ma!”

Everyone laughed again and began discussing if they should stick these shoes together with 3 second glue.

Even Qin Gang got involved. He ordered that they would buy out all of these shoes in the stores so he could pick carefully.

At the same time someone took out a new pair of shoes, bent down and placed them by Bai Lang’s feet to let him change. All the people around Bai Lang seemed to be treating him as respectfully as if he were the film emperor. Even the other male lead Sun XiBin picked up Bai Lang’s discarded broken shoes and actually started analyzing it.

The regular crew members were all used to the above scenes. However some people who had just joined the set couldn’t watch it at all.

In one corner stood a beautiful and pure looking young girl. She crossed her arms and complained, “I’ve really never seen such a big shot before. Isn’t the way everyone is treating him a bit over the top? The atmosphere on this set is horrible.” 

Fei Hong who was standing beside her, heard her. Slowly she moved her glance over the girl’s body. Even the simple movement of her head carried with it a seductive feeling. Compared to the young girl’s pretty and pure feeling, she seemed much more mature and regal.

The girl who spoke felt Fei Hong’s glance. She haplessly blinked her eyes. “Aren’t I right Sister Hong? That Bai Lang doesn’t have fame or popularity, the last time he appeared was over three years ago. All of these people are revolving around him, isn’t it because of Mr Qiu? And he treats it as though it’s only natural. His skin is really too thick.”