Chapter 43 - Coming out of the Closet

Start from the beginning

“However if you simply refuse to go to these programs then it also comes with its own set of problems,” Fang Hua said to Bai Lang, sighing. “People may get distracted however some of these established programs will take offense if a newcomer is invited and rejects them, so this will become a problem when you want to return to promotions in the future. And if you go to some and not to others, then you may offend people even more. So we can’t act too hastily and need to think clearly before proceeding.”

Bai Lang thought about it and then nodded. “It’s fine. I will cooperate with the company’s promotional needs. If there’s a program that I need to go on then I will.”

Fang Hua thought Bai Lang didn’t understand. So she spoke more plainly, “If you and Qiu Qian’s matter blows up too big then… although I don’t want to mention it, have you thought about what will happen in the event that you guys break up?”

“So what?” Bai Lang smiled. “If that happens then the thing that will be the most painful and difficult to bear, won’t be these things.” 

Fang Hua shook her head “Two big grown men being so mushy, really makes my skin go numb.”

Bai Lang raised his eyebrow, expressing he didn’t understand.

Fang Hua rolled her eyes and explained, “I already talked to Qiu Qian about what I just said to you. His reply was, no one will be harsh on someone who’s husband just died.”

“…..”

Bai Lang was speechless. Turns out Qiu Qian was the real mushy one here.

***

Su Quan’s matter still had a tail left to be taken care of. And that was Bai Li.

According to Su Quan’s previous arrangement, the person who had appeared to help bribe the instructor was Bai Li who had also been bribed himself.

Of course this instructor had already, not long before the commencement of filming of “Chaos Street”, been “taken care of”. Other than having a bag put over his head and being harshly beaten, Qiu Qian had also followed Bai Lang’s suggestion and instead of anything fatal, had arranged a gambling trap for him so that his future days would be dark and gray. Because after all this person was only greedy for money and didn’t intend to steal anyone’s life.

Bai Li was actually the same. However his method of continuously using his own blood-related younger brother to make money was unable to be tolerated. After settling Su Quan’s matter, Qiu Qian rolled up his sleeves and wanted to thoroughly take care of this human scum. However he was Bai Lang’s older brother after all. So as for how far he could go, Qiu Qian still asked him for his opinion.

Bai Lang also couldn’t help but admit that even he had underestimated Bai Li’s greed. Originally he had thought that he would be able to use Qiu Qian’s name to prevent Bai Li from acting out. Indeed, Bai Li hadn’t behaved like he did in his previous life which was to threaten him constantly that he was going to go to the media. But now with this shadowy attack, Bai Lang knew that unless he thoroughly took care of Bai Li then there would definitely be a repeat offense. And Bai Lang also didn’t want to waste any of his own or Qiu Qian’s resources on Bai Li. That would be a huge waste of money.

So Bai Lang agreed to use the old instructor as a witness (even if he wasn’t willing, he became willing) to publicize that Bai Li had used money to find someone to attack him. With the combination of the old instructor’s testimony, photographs of the money transaction, then it was possible that Bai Li might even be found guilty of the criminal offense of instigating grievous bodily harm.

Although the sentencing wouldn’t be too harsh however for Bai Li who still thought about using money to change himself into a member of the high society, when he saw this report his entire face went white.