Chapter 38 - Accessory to a Crime

Start from the beginning

This type of aura was enough to make a guilty person feel extreme pressure. After Wang Yun met his eyes for a few seconds, he pushed up his glasses and looked down. “You know?”

“Are you talking about Bai Lang’s illness?” Qiu Qian didn’t want to waste time running around in circles. “I know.”

Wang Yun smiled helplessly. “I knew that there would come a day when you would come. After all, requesting a file will leave a record that’s impossible to delete.” 

“Then why?” Qiu Qian asked.

“What why?” Wang Yun’s eyes showed a fleeting flash.

“Since you knew why did you come to test me?” Qiu Qian directly asked. “Last time when you came to visit me your motivation was to discover whether I knew about his illness right?”

The record that Fang YingQi had showed him not only showed who requested the file but also the time he had requested it.  

It just happened to be a few days before Wang Yun had come to find Qiu Qian.

“I don’t know how Su Quan told you, he also told me not to admit to you that it was me who told him about it.” Wang Yun shifted uncomfortably in his chair. “However the way I felt about it is, since you didn’t know it’s also not a bad thing for Bai Lang to let you know through Su Quan. At the very least it’s better for him to have someone with mental preparation beside him.”

Qiu Qian stared at Wang Yun. “You could have also just directly told me. If this was your motivation then why run around in a big circle?”

A bitter smile floated onto Wang Yun’s face. “Su Quan asked me to help him…. Right now the fact that I can sit here in this position is all because of Su Quan’s connections.”

Qiu Qian laughed mockingly. “Telling this to Su Quan is helping him? How is it helping him, how come I don’t understand.”

It was Wang Yun’s turn to speak in a reproachful manner. “If you’re trying to tell me that you really don’t know what Su Quan wants then I don’t believe it. Even Ah Cheng wouldn’t believe it.”

“But isn’t it better if everyone pretends to be stupid?” Qiu Qian laughed again. “I even introduced you guys to Bai Lang. The whole reason was so that there wouldn’t be any misunderstanding.”

“You think I don’t know that?” Wang Yun clasped his hands together and said in a somewhat embarrassed manner, “So my telling Su Quan shouldn’t be a big deal right? I can tell that you wouldn’t be prejudiced against Bai Lang or leave him just because of his illness. No matter how much effort Su Quan spends in trying to persuade you, it probably won’t have any effect. So, I thought it’s not a big deal for me to just return a simple favor to Su Quan and then also…”

“At the same time keep this job.” Qiu Qian finished his sentence for him.

Wang Yun sighed and nodded his head. “You’re right.”

After hearing this Qiu Qian suddenly stood up. With violent force he slammed the chair into the nearby wall and made Wang Yun freeze in shock.

“Last time you said something right,” Qiu Qian threw down the last words. “In these years, we’ve really become strangers.”

Wang Yun’s face fell. He was silent and couldn’t speak.

“I never said that Su Quan came to tell me about Bai Lang’s illness.” Qiu Qian waited until Wang Yun met his eyes.

“He directly found someone to try to push Bai Lang into having a heart attack. So what do you think, should I consider you an accessory?”

Wang Yun was speechless. His entire face changed drastically.