Chapter 37 - I'm Sorry

Start from the beginning

And as soon as Qiu XiaoHai got out of the car, he refused to let Qiu Qian keep holding him. Right now he saw that his daddy was already holding Ah Bai’s hand so he intelligently ran to Bai Lang’s other side to hold his other free hand.

Bai Lang felt his small warmth. He lowered his head to look at Qiu XiaoHai. Qiu XiaoHai gave a him a secretive “shhhh” motion, and the whole way he obediently used running and large steps to keep up with the adult’s sped.

Thus, both of Bai Lang’s hands were held tightly. And the tight knot of worry inside his stomach which had formed since the explosion in the car, slowly dissipated.

This person might put on a frightening face but he was clearly so worried about him. So what did Bai Lang have to be scared of?

***

They went into the hospital and following that there was a series of secret exams and tests.

Bai Lang was extremely apologetic towards Fang YingQi who was suddenly called to the hospital late at night. He was definitely told by the hospital that it was an emergency. When Fang YingQi rushed in in a panic only to see Bai Lang sitting there perfectly fine on the hospital bed, his expression was clearly befuddled.

But when he turned his glance and saw the stony-faced Qiu Qian which looked just like a concerned relative which had been kept in the dark for too long, Fang YingQi lightly coughed a few times and then began his professional work. He took Bai Lang away to a check up room nearby and after confirming Qiu Qian’s identity as the patient’s boyfriend and live-in partner, he began a careful and detailed explanation of Bai Lang’s illness.

Just prior to Fang YingQi arriving at the hospital, a lab technician had already taken Bai Lang through a series of tests and the results had already been transmitted to Fang YingQi’s computer.

The nearly 50 year old Fang YingQi was a little bit plump with kind eyes. He maneuvered the mouse in his hands and his voice was steady as he explained.

“… Although Mr Bai’s heart and blood contains the problem that I’ve just explained, however his symptoms are very mild. With the addition of Mr Bai’s good diet, health and pattern of regular exercise, all his parameters are very healthy. His condition right now is very good. As for the testing that he’s just undergone…. en, other than it appears that he has been a bit over-tired recently, there isn’t anything particularly to worry about. Right now all he needs to do is rest a bit more. Later I’ll prescribe him some medicine and other things to help boost his health.”

Qiu Qian was frowning the whole time. Then finally he couldn’t help asking, “With his condition, can he really jump around and fight every day without a problem?”

Fang YingQi gave him a reassuring smile. “Mr Qiu, are you asking about the crime show that Mr Bai had recently agreed to be part of?”

“You also know?” Qiu Qian’s question was a bit aggressive.

“Of course. Mr Bai is a very cooperative patient. Prior to agreeing to take the job he did a careful check up.” Fang YingQi couldn’t help talking for Mr Bai. “As long as he warms up his body and takes time to rest at regular intervals, doing more strenuous exercises isn’t a problem. The danger of his condition isn’t as high as it might sound to outsiders.”

Qiu Qian’s face was still dark. “However if he just rested obediently all the time wouldn’t it be even safer?”

When Fang YingQI heard this he became more stern. “Mr Qiu, the mental health and wellbeing of the patient is also very important. If he is restricted from doing the things he likes and trapped at home every day, not only will it not help Mr Bai’s illness but will give him more pressure. The correct treatment is to have regular exercise and to keep a healthy mentality. These are both essential to his well-being.”