Chapter 17 - The Regal Suit

Start from the beginning

At this time Qiu XiaoHai’s sleepy voice sounded. “Daddy!…. Why are you biting each other ah?”

Bai Lang realized that one could also choke during a kiss.

***

Qiu Qian arranged for Qiu XiaoHai to have a secret full body examination in a private clinic.

The results of the tests were good.

Perhaps because Yang Li was scared in the beginning of being found out, so the dosage seemed to be on the lower end. All of Qiu XiaoHai’s developmental parameters were within normal ranges. However he still had drunk the soup for some time so no one could predict exactly if there was any permanent damage. It could only be determined after three years of follow up testing. When the doctor told them this, Qiu Qian’s face sank. It became just as what Bai Lang had seen in his previous life.

As for the investigation regarding Yang Li, Bai Lang didn’t know the details. After Hong Hong took away all of the soup that Yang Li had made, Qiu Qian never again spoke of this person in front of Bai Lang and Qiu XiaoHai. Qiu Qian only told Qiu XiaoHai one evening that Auntie Yang had gone back to her hometown and probably wouldn’t ever be coming back.

Qiu XiaoHai opened his eyes wide. He happily asked if this meant he didn’t need to go home? Could he continue living here forever?

Qiu Qian also didn’t look at Bai Lang. He pressed his son’s head and said okay, in the future you can live here.

Bai Lang logically interpreted this as, after what had happened to Yang Li, it was difficult for Qiu Qian in the short term to trust another nanny. He also didn’t want to live apart from Qiu XiaoHai anymore. Hence prior to him finding some new to settle him, it was reasonable for them to stay here for the time being.

When Qiu XiaoHai heard this, he was so happy he rolled around on Qiu Qian’s belly. Qiu Qian hugged his son and didn’t push him away.

Everyone was like this. Only after almost losing your treasure would you learn its value and importance.

Bai Lang watched from one side. He only hoped now that Qiu Qian had learnt his lesson, the scene from his dream would never occur.

However, on the other side of Qiu Qian’s warmth, was another face that shocked Bai Lang.

A few days later in the evening news it was broadcasted: “A Madame Yang has jumped from the building in a suspected suicide”. Bai Lang immediately changed the channel and didn’t look at it again. At that time Qiu XiaoHai was holding a little rabbit steamed bun and munching on it. He was smiling as he said he wanted to save one to give to Ah Zan tomorrow. Ah Zan really liked his steamed buns.

Qiu Qian was sitting to one side, looking at Bai Lang. He suddenly spoke.

He said the old seafarers were all superstitious. It was their belief that children with mental retardation were the result of curses.

Thus the cursed person needed to be kicked out of the house and sent far away. Otherwise they may cause danger around them.

When Qiu Qian said this, his eyes were very cold.

However Bai Lang felt surprised. He didn’t think Qiu Qian would reveal anything to him.

After all, in these few words, it was enough to reveal the people behind Yang Li. It was most likely the people inside the Qiu family. Combined with Qiu Qian’s dangerous expression and his dark and threatening aura, it was clear he had not managed to completely eradicate the nest. Bai Lang couldn’t help sinkinginto silence. He thought about the cruel and ruthless methods of the Qiu Qian ten years later. Perhaps it was because these types of events happened time and time again.