Chapter 14 - Qiu XiaoHai

Start from the beginning

When thinking of this, Kang Jian felt a dark sensation of jealousy.

Was it for that person that Bai Lang wanted to draw a clear line between the two if them?

If that was true then he could “forgive” Bai Lang for treating him this way. He also liked loyalty in a lover. Bai Lang’s personality was originally very much to his taste.

However it was only a pity that Bai Lang wasn’t his… no, there was still time.

In this circle people got together and broke up all the time. He has had to be patient and there would definitely be an opportunity.

Then at that time Bai Lang would no longer reject his overtures, and they could start again from being friends…

He just had to develop himself well and not be thought of by others at that time to be trying to use Bai Lang for his fame.

He had confidence that one day he could stand gloriously by Bai Lang’s side.

Kang Jian placed his hand into his pants, rubbing while his breathing sped up.

***

The next day after the celebratory party, Bai Lang woke up very late on the apartment’s king sized bed. He blinked in confusion for a few moments because he couldn’t remember how he had fallen asleep last night.

He pressed his fingers against his swollen eyes and looked left and right. The other side of the bed was very messy. The black suit he was wearing last night was crumpled into a ball and was on the floor. 

Bai Lang got up and carefully hung up that expensive suit before slowly making his way to the bathroom to shower.

After “Partners” concluded filming, the endorsement deals that Bai Lang had previously signed had also pretty much been completed. In the coming days, other than Zhu Kuan’s movie “Beyond Gold and Jade”, Fang Hua had not arranged much work for Bai Lang.

In her opinion, Bai Lang’s recent exposure rate had been enough. After this Partners would still be broadcasting for one more month before reaching its grand conclusion and with the addition of all the endorsement deals, it was time to slightly reel things in a bit. Too much exposure might make the audience sick of him.

This gave Bai Lang a small break to rest well. However Fang Hua had given him some homework. She had told Bai Lang to read the script for “Beyond Gold and Jade” thoroughly. She had also found a very famous custom suit maker and told Bai Lang to go there to have a custom suit made, and at the same time to observe the other person doing their work. Of course the methodical Fang Hua had also arranged trainee lessons for him.

However, today Bai Lang decided he was going to have a rest.

Because he had still not decided how to deal with the box of mooncake sitting on the table.

Or should say he already knew what he should but when it came to actually doing it, there was the feeling of reopening his old scars.

After returning from T City, Bai Lang had changed his address as well as his phone. However he had continued to use the same phone number.

However until this day, his family had never tried to call him to explain the matter with the cheque. Actually they had not said anything at all.

And now suddenly this mooncake box had floated here, what was the meaning behind this?

Was it to remind Bai Lang that even though he had been reborn, he still didn’t have a real family?

Discovering that he had been staring blankly at the mooncake box for some time, Bai Lang shook his head. He decided to get rid of the mooncake. Out of sight, out of mind.