Epilougue: Tying up Loose Ends

Começar do início

"Mason should be coming in an hour."

Mason Sinclair, was the second child of Riley and Reese. He was eighteen, enjoying the last moments of his first semester of college before he was required to come home.

"Good," said Brooke, the oldest of Riley and Evan, "I have so much to tell him about Middle School. It sucks."

  "You suck," spat out Christian, the youngest who was nine, with a giggle.

*****

The gang was back together again. They all sat chatting in the dining room, the younger kids being at a separate table, and falling back into content as if it hadn't been twenty-five years since High School.

  Brooke was staring at Colton with a large blush on her face, reminding them that history really did repeat itself.

Esmerelda, Farkle and Shauna's oldest, was teasing the two to no avail while chatting amicably with Maverick and Zay's — who had moved and opened his Barbeque restaurant in Florida to avoid Texan competition and to fall in love with a certain caramel-haired man — only child; Layla.

Ava Matthews was discussing law with Topanga. Believe it or not, the two now worked for the same firm. Somehow it worked despite Ava now being Topanga's daughter in law.

"How's the boutique going Maya?"

"How's the Photography?"

  Both Shawn and Maya laughed, knowing that making a career out of an art was a difficult task.

Katie grinned at the two loves of her life, finally at peace with the fact that her acting career had never taken off.

"And Shauna, the social work?"

  Shauna glanced up from her conversation with Maverick. "Oh, good. Can't say too much you know, HIPAA violation and all that."

"Of course." Shawn chuckled.

"And the kids you two? I know you both have got your hands full."

It was true. Maya had three as priorly mentioned and Shauna had two, but neither would trade what they had for the world.

"All good," Shauna answered honestly, "Esmerelda and Matthew are angels."

"I still can't believe you named him Matthew," Maya teased.

  "It wasn't on purpose!" Shauna countered, "And besides, it's better than Farkle, or Shauna for that matter. Honestly, my mother changed the spelling and added an A and thought no one would know."

Laughter spilled into the air at the statement, Angela blushing from further down. "In my defense," she said, "I was twenty."

"I think I'd make better name choices than that, and I am twenty," Lydia cut in.

"You better not be pregnant," Corey begged dramatically, "I'm too young to be a Great-grandpa."

  Geoffrey practically expelled his organs from his choke. "N-No! No kids anytime s-soon," he coughed. "Definitely not."

  "Good."

Unfortunately with her busy schedule as head-surgeon at Stanford Hospital, Smackle was unable to make it that year. She sent her love though and her Christmas card which was her and a group of friends having drinks at a nearby bar during whatever free time she had.

Smackle, shortly after graduating Med-school had announced she was Aromantic and Asexual after finding out what exactly those terms had meant and why how she felt towards those things made sense personally.

Everyone was supportive of course. This was Smackle, their best friend, they'd be supportive as long as she was happy and wasn't hurting anyone.

It was crazy how much life had changed in the past two decades and yet there were no regrets.

They had taken on the world and succeeded tremendously, it was the new generation's turn now.

The End

Thank you so much for all the support and sticking by with my terrible inconsistency. It's finally over!! I've done some editing but obviously this story needs a ton more (I'll get to that eventually).

I started this story after rewatching Boy Meets World & Girl Meets World during the summer of 2020 after my Sophomore year of High School. Now it's 2022 and I'm eighteen, a Senior and probably attending Chapman University this fall for Psychology and Creative Writing.

This is the first full story I've written and was the instigator that made me figure out that writing was my passion.

Thank you for all of your support. Let me know if you want any extra scenes or whatnot. And please check out my other stories!!

- Riley