Chapter 10 - Green Bean Soup

Start from the beginning

However he didn’t expect that Kang Jian’s promise of love only lasted for three years.

Three years of giving him his heart, only won back that kind of betrayal from Kang Jian.

So that’s why, after his rebirth, Bai Lang’s phone was filled with Kang Jian’s missed calls. This by itself wasn’t unusual. The fact that he ignored it and did not even return one was the unusual part.

But Bai Lang had already made up his mind that in his life he didn’t want any type of relationship with Kang Jian. 

If he maintained a so-called “friendship” with Kang Jian, perhaps it would be easier to do what Bai Lang had decided to do in this life, however Bai Lang already knew the sensation of betrayal from his past life. He hated it and thus he didn’t want to also turn into that kind of person. Also more importantly, Bai Lang was afraid that in front of Kang Jian he would not be able to hide the feelings of anger and disgust in his heart.

Thinking about it now, the last time he had seen Kang Jian in his past life, the other man had still held his hand. 

He had said, no matter how much the world changed, he would definitely stay beside Bai Lang’s side.

And now, seeing Kang Jian once again standing in front of his eyes, Bai Lang felt a strong sense of revulsion.

***

Kang Jian was holding three big bags of sweet soup and had come to the set to visit someone he knew.

That person was of course his senior brother from the same company, Wu ShenEn.

The artists under the same management company often did things like this. Other than helping to give face to the person they were visiting, they could use this opportunity to make acquaintances and get close to the crew. Perhaps if the timing was right, they could turn these networks into opportunities for themselves.

So it was not the first time Kang Jian had come. He greeted Wu ShenEn then began passing out the soup to the crew in a familiar manner. Right now there were still several more scenes to film and so this kind of afternoon tea type event was well-received by everyone.

Bai Lang overlooked the smile that Kang Jian gave to him and continued chatting with Director Zhou. If he left the room now, then he would undoubtedly run into Kang Jian alone. He definitely didn’t want that.

Fan Shan and Wu ShenEn also didn’t leave. After all, the topic of conversation had just turned to the direction of the script. The male and female lead were justifiably very anxious about it. In the end even the actress for Chen MeiYu, Yu QianQian, also came to join them. These people surrounded Director Zhou and sat on the long work table to drink sweet soup and continue their previous topic of discussion.

“Director Zhou, are you being serious? You guys really went to find that fanfiction writer?” Fan Shan asked curiously.

On it’s official website, other than “Partners”’ official discussion board, there was also a fanworks section. Even if they didn’t do this, such fanworks were bound to pop up for popular dramas. This way they could somewhat regulate it, and only fanworks published on the official website were considered “authorized” by default. The premise was that it had to promote a healthy and positive image for the drama. Also the company owned the rights to everything published with its characters, and could prevent serialization or delete things that it deemed inappropriate.

Of course these rights were not exercised strenuously. After all, the company didn’t have so much freetime that they could delete every unauthorized work on the internet. However, since they promoted the news that the works published on the official discussion board’s fanworks section had “influence” over the script, most fans were attracted to posting their works there. It was a good way of concentrating all the fanworks in one place. After “Partners” had been broadcasting for two months, the relationships between the four characters gradually became clearer. The fanworks section during this time also began to spring up like mushrooms.