Hagrid whistled and a hippogriff came flying into the clearing about 2 minutes later. Hagrid turned to me and said, "Come meet Buckbeak, Alek." I nodded and asked, "What do I do?" Hagrid stated, "Well hippogriffs are very proud creatures and they're easily offended." 

Doesn't really answer my question. Caspar answered, "Slowly walk up to him, make eye contact with him, and when yeh're a couple of feet away from him, give him a bow." I nodded and slowly walked towards Buckbeak, making eye contact with him. 

Buckbeak looked at me cautiously and when I was about 4 feet away from Buckbeak, I bowed to him. I kept my eyes on the ground, not daring to look up. Hagrid clapped and said, "Nice job, Alek! Yeh can touch him, now! Try ter pet him, now!" 

I nodded and stood up, seeing Buckbeak in an unmistakable bow. I held my hand out to him and Buckbeak walked towards me, pressing his nose against my hand. I let out a soft laugh and brushed my hand against Buckbeak's feathers. 

Hagrid suggested, "How about he gives yeh a ride, now?" I nodded and Hagrid picked me up by my torso, setting me on Buckbeak's back. Hagrid said, "Make sure yeh have a good grip, so yeh don't fall." 

I nodded and Caspar said, "But make sure yeh don't pull on his feathers. He wouldn't like that," as Buckbeak started to get ready to take off and I nodded. I grabbed some of Buckbeak's feathers, careful not to hurt Buckbeak or pull on his feathers and Buckbeak took off. 

Buckbeak took into the air and I laughed as he flew upward. Buckbeak flew towards the Black Lake, skimming over it. I let go of his feathers, holding my arms out to the side. Water splayed up into my face and I laughed as I cheered in success.

"Woohoo!" left my mouth. My chin length black hair was blown back from the wind and I smiled. I laughed and Buckbeak left the water, flying high into the sky once again. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he flew up. 

Buckbeak flipped through the air and dived, heading towards the water. I screamed, shouting, "Holy shit! This is amazing!" right as Buckbeak swooped up, his feet splashing water into my face, soaking my hair. I laughed, a wide smile on my face. 

I let go of Buckbeak's neck, stretching my arms outward. Wind blew past me, whistling in my ears. I closed my eyes, letting the rest of my senses take over. I could smell the Black Lake, the salt in the lake burning my nose. 

I could hear Buckbeak's wings flapping, as well as feel his wings hitting the side of my legs. I felt Buckbeak start to fly upward and I opened my eyes, wrapping my arms around Buckbeak's neck. Buckbeak flew back to the clearing and he landed close to Hagrid. 

Hagrid helped me off of Buckbeak and I exclaimed, "That was so cool! Can I do that again sometime?!" as I shook my head, trying to dry off my hair a little bit.  Caspar lightly laughed as Hagrid said, "Of course!" 

I exclaimed, "Thank yeh so much!" facing Hagrid as I ruffled my hair, getting some water out of my hair. I turned to Caspar and said, "Thanks for bringing me here, Cas." Caspar nodded and said, "Yeh're welcome, Alek." I nodded and turned to Buckbeak. 

Buckbeak trilled happily as I ran my fingers through his feathers. I smiled and said, "Thanks for the ride, Buckbeak." Caspar suggested, "We should probably head back to the castle. It'll probably be dinner soon." 

That much time passed? Wow. Wait-shit! Moony's gonna kill me! I nodded as I pulled my hand away from Beakbuck's feathers and turned to Caspar. I said, "Let's go then." Caspar nodded and the two of us headed back into the castle.

I asked, "Do yeh have a job in mind for after yeh graduate?" Caspar nodded and answered, "I'm thinking about working with Newt Scamander in Romania with dragons." I asked, "Dragons? Do yeh think I could meet some dragons if yeh tame them?"