Chapter 4 - Five Million Dollars

Beginne am Anfang

“Keep you!? Hahaha- I didn’t hear wrong right!? Hahahaha!!”

Bai Long couldn’t control a flush from rising onto his face. He still remembered the first time he rejected Qiu Qian. The way he had spoken had been extremely iron-willed, even though at that time he had been frightened to death. So right now in the face of Qiu Qian’s loud laughter, Bai Lang could only mock himself in his heart.

“Two years ago what did you say? I still remember, hahahah-!! You said something like your morals would never allow you to cross that line, and didn’t you want to report me to the police? Hahahaha-!!”

Qiu Qian laughed loudly for some time. After finishing he even used his hand to wipe away his tears. “Now you want me to keep you, hahaha…. You’re good, I forgive you for waking me up in the middle of the night. Hearing all of this makes it worth it.”

Bai Lang’s mouth jerked into a mocking smile. Back then when he was called “a little white rabbit”, it really wasn’t for no reason.

“Then, what does Mr Qiu think?”

Qiu Qian’s mirth faded and became a light and vague smile.

“Shouldn’t you ask me first whether or not there was anyone sleeping beside me when I answered the phone last night?”

Bai Lang paused for a few moments. Afterwards he felt a faint sense of disappointment.

Because from Qiu Qian’s words, Bai Lang immediately understood that the other man had taken him as yet another young star who would abandon his morals for the sake of money. After all he had come here to sell himself voluntarily and something like that obviously wasn’t worth much. This meant that between him in his previous life and Qiu Qian there was a faint sense of respect and a blurred type of camaraderie. However, now that he had asked Qiu Qian this question, this type of camaraderie no longer existed.

However Bai Lang did not regret his actions.

The reason he asked Qiu Qian this question was also to thank him for what he had done for him at the very end. He wanted to thank him for holding up that umbrella.

In his rebirth, Bai Lang didn’t really have anything to give Qiu Qian. Only this.

To use his body as a recompense, thinking about it it was somewhat dog blooded.  However, thinking about his body, he didn’t know how many years he had left in this lifetime. If Qiu Qian wanted it, then he could just take it.  And if he didn’t then at least Bai Lang had done his best to repay him in his heart.

As for Bai Li, if Qiu Qian rejected his offer, then he supposed that the company would not act as before and keep lending money to him. He had no house, no assets and only two short months of fame. If he didn’t have any backers then there was no way of borrowing five million from the bank. If this was how it turned out, then really there was no way of him getting money to help Bai Li and so this path was completely cut off for him. It can also be considered a way of finishing things cleanly.

So Bai Lang didn’t force anything. He expressed that he understood. “If there was, then it’s my mistake.”

After he finished, then he got up to leave. “I still want to thank Mr Qiu for your time today.” Bai Lang nodded at Qiu Qian. “I won’t disturb you any longer.”

Qiu Qian’s eyes sharpened. He stared fixedly at Bai Lang like a poisonous snake. “What about the money? You don’t want it?”

Bai Lang paused. “To find someone with Mr Qiu’s qualities will be difficult, however at least I can find–” He didn’t finish speaking before Qiu Qian suddenly reached and snatched him around the wrist and jerked him back forcefully that Bai Lang’s entire person fell into him.