Chapter 3 - Little White Rabbit

Start from the beginning

“Tomorrow as well? What are you doing? Are you meeting Mr Qiu again?” Xiao Yang asked inquisitively.

“Tomorrow I’m going home to see my family while I have some free time. When I get busy again I won’t get time.” Bai Lang pretty much only went home once every few months so his reasoning made sense.

“Okay. Brother Lang, once you finish your talk with Big Boss Qiu, remember to tell me ah!” Xiao Yang didn’t want to give up. “I hope that Brother Lang will get more roles in dramas and fly up to the sky! That way I can become the most important assistant, ahahaha!!”

Hearty laughter sounded from inside the phone. Bai Lang thought about how much sincerity there was in that laughter. “Okay. See you in two days.”

“Bye, Brother Lang.”

***

Two hours later, Bai Lang sat respectfully on the sofa outside Qiu Qian’s office, waiting for him.

Total Entertainment was only a small subsidiary of the En Jiang Group so Qiu Qian didn’t often appear here. If one wanted to see Qiu Qian then one had to make an appointment very early and come here to wait.

If one wanted to talk about the En Jiang Group behind Qiu Qian, everyone knew that it belonged to the Xindao’s Qiu Family.

Speaking of Xindao, it was a place that only in the last ten years had been legitimized as a designated specialty gambling area. It was known for its nightlife, exportation business and entertainment business. However previous to that, it was a place where illegal gambling and black market exportation was rife.

The illegal activities coming from on the island were very serious and it was almost impossible to completely change its ways. Until one year when the government somehow saw the light, and decided to just simply legalize its gambling and open its harbor. That way they could openly and legitimately police and regulate its activities.

The Qiu family had been doing business on Xindao for generations. At the time of the legalization they were already quite powerful. Once their business became legal they immediately began to spread their business properly and openly. They opened casino after casino, hotel after hotel, buying up bundles and bundles of land. After ten years of washing themselves clean, they could now be considered a very legitimate entertainment and shipping company.

However the Qiu family still followed the old traditions and family business model. Their so-called “professional management model” was just a veneer, underneath it the regulations that they followed were a minority, and the ones that they flaunted were the majority. In actuality, all the power still lay in the family head. So of all the Qiu’s family’s enterprises, not one was listed on the stock market. They simply placed it under the umbrella company called “En Jiang Qiu Group”. In the business world no one dared to look down on them.

As for the Qiu family which originally came from Xindao, because they were involved in the shipping business, so from an early time they had expanded to all corners of the world. In the mainland, other than shipping, the Qiu family also was very familiar with the entertainment business. Unlike on Xindao, gambling was illegal on the mainland, so they turned their focus on entertainment venues, hotels and high-class clubs, as well as the related businesses of selling alcohol, cigars and luxury cars.

In the last couple of years, the Qiu family had taken steps to venture into the entertainment world and had created the not large but also not small “Total Entertainment” company. Originally insiders did not have much expectations of it. They felt that the entertainment world was too complex and its ocean too deep, just because you had money didn’t mean you would become successful. However within a few years, “Total Entertainment” had debuted a successful male idol group R-RED, as well as two winners of the “Golden Triumph” trophy. In addition they had signed the young movie emperor Su Quan who had been developing overseas, which was considered a coup for them. These kinds of showy successes had smashed the glasses of many insiders, causing them to realize that once you had both money, then no ocean was too deep for you to swim.

As for Qiu Qian, who in the rumors was the illegitimate son of the previous generation’s head of the Qiu family, in the beginning he was just a small-time boss that worked at the docks and was often at sea, and the family did not place much importance on him. However, for reasons people didn’t know, in the last few years he had suddenly become powerful, to the point where he behaved as though he was the successor of the family. Father Qiu, the head of the family, really had in the last half year, given over control of the family to the just over 30 year old Qiu Qian to manage. Especially the heart of the family, its shipping business, which had caused Qiu Qian’s personal worth to skyrocket to over ten billion in one stroke.

However Qiu Qian’s outer appearance completely did not match with the appearance of a company big boss.

He had a tanned complexion, untamed half-long hair, and always wore a shirt that was never completely buttoned up. In front of his chest he always wore a thick and large gold chain. Even after he took over control of the company, he still looked like a shipping worker, it was only that he had changed his flower print shirt to a more high-quality silk shirt that’s all.

Even so, it couldn’t obscure Qiu Qian’s very strong and tall body, his handsome and deep-set features, as well as his unique personal charisma. Even though his style was crude, it gave him a sort of wild and untamed handsomeness. The year Qiu Qian took over Total Entertainment, he had been listed by an improper tabloid publication as the “Number one most desired sugar daddy”. It was a fortunate coincidence that his name also contained the word “Qian”

It was unknown if it was because of this, however Qiu Qian loved to make this kind of joke.

Bai Lang waited quietly for a few minutes. In his heart he still had not fully made up his mind.

In his previous life’s ten years, Bai Lang had more or less heard stories about Qiu Qian’s methods. He looked strong and generous, decisive and practical, however he also had a vicious personality. He knew how to hide his intentions and motives, before pulling out a knife that could kill with one stroke. Towards his enemies, he was undoubtedly their greatest nightmare.

If not for the scene he had seen from his previous life, then Bai Lang would never have believed that he had been special in any way to Qiu Qian.

In Qiu Qian’s position, how many small stars would have enthusiastically warmed his bed. Bai Lang’s rejection really was something that was unimportant. He wasn’t the most talented or eye-catching person within the entertainment circle and Qiu Qian really never took his rejection much to heart. Bai Lang was clear in his heart even in his previous life that Qiu Qian had helped him in some small ways, however the motivation behind that should have been to play with him, so as to entertain himself by seeing the drama unfold.

But as for what Qiu Qian had done for him after he died, to Bai Lang it really was something completely out of his expectation.

Even from the perspective of a friend, someone that would mourn for him, then on his road of suffering and fighting, it seemed like there was at least one person that recognized it. After being rejected by so many people, Qiu Qian’s one act of kindness was etched deep inside Bai Lang’s heart.

However in his previous life Bai Lang had been a small star that resolutely refused to bow his head.

But this time he had voluntarily sent himself to Qiu Qian’s door. Bai Lang laughed mockingly to himself. Like this, would things between them still be the same?

Outside the door there was a flurry of activity. He heard the sound of people enthusiastically welcoming their boss. 

A few moments later the door was brusquely and roughly pushed open.

There was a cigar dangling from the corner of Qiu Qian’s mouth. His head was tilted and his eyes swept over Bai Lang with interest.

“Little white rabbit, you were looking for me?”