Chapter 3 - Little White Rabbit

Start from the beginning

“It’s me, Bai Lang.” Bai Lang looked again at the digital clock. It was still August 23rd 20XX, 4AM in the morning.

“Does Mr Qiu have time to talk?”

***

“You have something on in the afternoon? Brother Lang, are you going somewhere ah?”

The young voice on the phone belonged to Bai Lang’s assistant Xiao Yang, Yang GuoZhong.

Bai Lang had previously considered Yang GuoZhong a faithful and loyal assistant who had helped him in many situations, even down to the details of selecting his lunch boxes and creating multiple accounts to help talk for him on the internet. Once Bai Lang had completely trusted him and had no guard against him at all.

However, after the incident regarding the video of the yacht party, his assistant was suddenly changed from Xiao Yang to Er Hong, whose real name was Hong Hong. It was not until then that Bai Lang knew that other than being his assistant, Xiao Yang had another job, and that was selling news about the private lives of entertainers.

He clearly had such a friendly and happy face, with a liveliness that brightened the atmosphere everywhere. However in reality he was doing all he could to get close to the assistants of other famous stars, and through casual conversation he was trying to glean information that he could sell. Until that moment Bai Lang finally realized that the news about Bai Li’s debt was leaked most likely because Xiao Yang was by his side, and overheard Bai Lang talking that day to Bai Li when the other person was yelling at him and begging for help.

Because after all, when a loan shark was trying to chase a debt, they would keep it secret  from the outside world. They obviously knew that Bai Li had Bai Lang behind him to help repay his debt, so the loan shark would not do anything so stupid as to destroy Bai Lang’s fortune and also expose themselves in the process.

Originally Bai Lang had been suspicious that it was Qiu Qian who had leaked the news. After all, Bai Lang hadno choice but to ask the company to lend him money to help Bai Li. He had also received a phone call from Qiu Qian asking him if he wanted to reconsider the matter of being a kept lover. But now that Bai Lang thought about it, it was more likely that Qiu Qian only had a passing interest. But because of that, in this life, Bai Lang finally had the courage to make the phone call that he did last night.

Towards Xiao Yang’s question, Bai Lang only said vaguely, “I’m going to see the boss. I have some things to discuss with him.”

“The boss!? Big Boss Qiu?!” The voice on the phone rose two octaves. “How come ah!? Is it a new drama or what? You should tell me these kinds of things ah! Okay, is it tomorrow afternoon? I’ll take Brother Lang there. Where are you meeting?. I’ll take you Brother Lang, you don’t have a car right?”

Bai Lang laughed. This type of question was probing him for information. The Bai Lang who had mingled in the entertainment world for ten years could already discern it. “Since we are having a discussion, where else could it be but at the company office? Is there something wrong with the company office that we have to go out and spend money?”

“Oh. It’s like that.” Xiao Yang’s voice fell slightly. “Then what time? I’ll go and pick you up?”

“There’s no need. These two days I won’t be turning my phone on. You should have a good rest. The shoot has been changed to the day after tomorrow.”

They were still filming “Partners for Life” However, because the male lead had some conflicts in schedule, they could only film a little, then rest a little. The director was so stressed his hair nearly went white however this let Bai Lang have quite a lot of free time.