This is my goodbye

His dark brown eyes looked beautifully interwoven with self hatred and pain, knowing that there was nothing left for him to do to save her. He didn't know if he could ever love the same way again.

His lips quivering the words, "stay with me." And repeating them over and over again. His cheeks burning in the heat of the night. His heart pounding as if his ribs were a torture chamber it was trying to escape. The touch of her hands around his neck burned holes in his skin. He knew it was hopeless and the second he let go she would be gone never to be in his arms again he would only be left with the memories of her.

"I can't live like this I will never be happy here, you have to let me go if you love me." Every word stung and was hard to swallow.

"If you jump I'm jumping with you." He gritted his teeth in hurt and frustration.

"No justice you have too much to live for, your parents and friends will miss you. One day Justice Carradine, you will have a stunning wife, lovely babies and grand babies. As for me? I have nothing." She wiped the multiple hot tears streaming down his face.

"No I want you to be my wife, I want us to grow old together with our grandchildren! Can't you see that? I love you?" He could barely muster up the strength to choke out the sentences.

"Justice you will soon forget about me." Just like everyone else in my life has, I can't go on like this. This is my goodbye." He searched her eyes for any emotion anything he could latch on to, nothing they were cold, passionless. He buried his head in her neck and clung to her waist desperately hoping to bring back something in her. She was stiff.

"Please don't do this." She sighed.
"Remember that time we were laying up here stargazing justice?"

"And I sang skinny love to you, while we counted the shooting stars." His body shook uncontrollably.

"I told you that stars are angels that were finally home, remember that?"

"I also remember that was the night of our first kiss together." He responded weakly, and looked down at his feet.

"Well if you ever need me just come up here and look for me in the stars, I will always be here for you baby you'll know which one I am." She kissed his forehead.

"Please I will do anything to make you happy. Please!" He spoke in between sobs.

"I will only be happy when I'm gone." She broke from his grip, took three steps back, stretched out her arms and trust fell disappearing into the black void of the eight story building. He launched himself over to the side. It all seemed to happen in slow motion. He reached his arm out to her only to graze her fingertips, she mouthed I love you, and smiled only to be smothered in the black abyss, ascending to her suicide.
"NO NO NO NO NO!" Every word ripped his vocal chords raw
as he screamed them. It was getting harder for him to breath, a piercing pain terrorized his head and constricted his chest.

"This isn't real, this isn't real, this isn't real. Oh god please let this just be some kind of sick nightmare." He whispered to himself. His vision became blurry and dimmed into a dark nothingness.