The nerdy bird

"Are you sure you got this?" Tony asked, fingers nervously twitching around the phone "I mean those two can be a handful"

     "I promise the kids are fine" Pepper reassured hin trying to contain her laughter "Now go enjoy the party"

     "Okay," Tony sighed hanging up the phone. Not too long ago, he would have jumped at the chance to go to these kinds of events but with two wild kids at home, the party scene just didn't seem to have its same appeal. He really didn't want to go to this party but he was about to close a deal with Drake Industries and it would have looked unprofessional not to go. Still, that didn't change the fact that the Drakes were perhaps the most boring people in the world.

     "Ah, Mr. Stark so great to see you" Jack greeted with his painted-on smile. 

Timeskip
     "And that's when I decide-" Tony zoned out while Jack  talked about his last dig, as he had been for the last two hours "Stark?"

      "huh?" Tony shook his head being dragged back to the present "excuse me for a minute I need to make a business call"

     "Oh sure, you can use the roof" Jack nodded over to the stairways. Tony responded with a  nod as he walked toward the stairway. Tony opened the door only to be caught off guard by the icy coldness of New York at night.

     'Click'  He turned his head to look in the direction that sound had come from. There, across the rooftop he saw a tiny bundle in the corner of the roof. He walked over curiously studying the moving bundle. As he got closer he realized it was a kid curled up in a blanket.

     "Hey kiddo what are you doing up here," Tony asked sitting down next to him.

     "Too noisy," The kid said pulling the blanket tighter around him "Besides Mom and Dad say children don't belong at parties"

     'Then why the heck did they bring you?'  Tony thought to himself but decided it was best not to stir up trouble by saying it out loud "And the roof was the only place you could go?"

     "No, but it's the best place to take pictures" The kid shuffled around pulling a camera out of the blanket.

     "So you like photography?" Tony asked curiously as he kneeled down to the kid's level.

     "Yes sir, sometimes Iron man flies by and I can get some pictures of him and Nightwing I've got a few of Robin too" The kid smiled clutching the camera.

     "Oh, so you're a superhero fan?" Tony smiled "Anyone in particular that you like"

     "Robin's my favorite," The kid said with stars in his eyes. Tony had to force himself to keep from laughing.

     "What about Iron man?" Tony

    "He's cool too" The Kid answered happily. Tony fought back the urge to smile "and Nightwing He's smart and kind and really cares about people"

     "I'm Tony Stark what's your name?" He asked

     "Timothy Drake" The kid answered.

     'Drake?' The Drakes have a kid' Tony didn't remember the Drakes ever mentioning a son. All his other business partners were constantly talking about their kids, even Tony himself was guilty of boosting about Dick and Jason. Tony spent the rest of his night on the roof talking with Tim about superheroes and pictures.

Timeskip
      It had been a long night of patrol, Tony had sent Jason and Dick home early so they could finish their schoolwork. Not much had happened and he was growing quite bored when he noticed a light on at the Drake. Funny, he could have sworn that they were on a business trip this week.

     Maybe he had gotten the dates wrong. Tony decided to stop by and give Tim a little surprise. As he got closer he noticed that no other lights seemed to be on in the house.

     'It probably was just the housekeeper' He thought getting ready to turn around when he noticed a familiar little bundle on the roof.

     "Iron man?!" Tim's eyes widened as Tony landed on the roof.

     "Where's you're Parents?" Tony frowned looking around.

     "There busy in a meeting at Drake Industry" Tim answered "but the housekeeper is here" a quick scan of the house made it clear that the kid was lying.

A few days later
     The day had finally come for Tony and Jack to finalize the deal between their two companies. Or at least that's what Jack believed as he presented the contract.

     "Well, Stark are you ready to sign the deal?" Jack asked sliding the paper over to him.

     "No," Tony said getting to his feet "Stark Industries will not be doing any business with Drake Industries"

     "What? I don't think you understand how important-" Jack was cut off as Tony slammed his fist on the table.

     "I don't think you know how important being a father is" Tony growled "and I don't think you understand the responsibility that comes with being a parent"

    "What are you talking about?" Jack asked a bit afraid now.

     "Child endangerment and neglect," Tony said leaning towards him.

      "That's a little dramatic" Jack mumbled.

     "You left your kid by himself for a week while you were on a dig and from the looks of it this isn't the first time" Tony spat "You don't deserve to be Parents"

     "And what are you going to do about it" Jack challenged "Call the cops?" Tony grinned as the words left Jack's mouth seconds later the room was filled with police officers.

    "Actually yes"

Timeskip
     "I don't want another brother" Jason pouted.

     "Aww come on Jay it will be great having another kid in the family" Dick grinned.

     "Easy for you to say you're the dramatic older brother I'm going to be the forgotten middle child" Jason frowned.

     "Jason, you're too much of a loudmouth to be forgotten," Dick laughed. The two were interrupted as the front door opened. Tony walked in with a small child walking skittishly behind him.

     "Boys this is Tim," Tony said ending down to the kid's level "Tim these are my kid Jason and Dick"

     "He's Tiny!" Jason jaw dropped

Timeskip

     A large Masked man stood on top of Stark tower holding Tim over the edge. The man in question was a man that Iron Man arrested a few months ago.

     Somehow he had realized who he was and was now holding his youngest over the side of his own building.

     "Stark" the masked man greeted coldly "I see you have a liking for little birds" the man grinned holding Tim over the edge "But not all birds fly" he let out a sticking laugh as he let go of the kid.

     "Dad!" Tim screamed as his tiny body plummeted toward the ground. Without thought or even his suit, Tony dived down after him. Luckily he thought to press the button on his watch and in a blink of an eye, he was fully suited up, holding on to his kid.

     "It's okay," Tony said warping his arms around Tim as he landed softly on the pavement "I've got you"

     Tim was Tony's third son and the one most like him. Tim loved computers and inventing stuff. Everyone swore that he was Tony's Biological son. Tim was Tony's mini-me.