・・・𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔲𝔢𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊・・・

╔═══════════════════════╗

As August comes to an end so does the summer.

Summer vacation was filled with family events and lazy days of relaxation. Eating Sticky and juicy fruit and cold summer snacks as you lounged around on your front porch with a magazine or book in  hand taking in the cooing  songs of the mourning doves and gentle breeze of the season. Riding around in your brother's car with the windows all rolled down as your hair flowed in the wind as he blasted music from the radio. Another summer done and gone.

sure you dreaded school but it wasn't all that bad, it's not like you were going somewhere unfamiliar.You were practically at that school your whole life until you had to change. You won't admit outwardly but in the year you changed you missed your old school a lot.

at the start of eighth grade, to help with your brother's complex high school situation your parents decided to help out on his last year that it would be best to change schools. Something about collage credit or.. whatever ? Anyhow now that he's starting college your parents decided it would be best to move you back to your old school for the start of ninth grade. Something about your old school being more creditable or something...? Honesty you didn't care all that  much and were just happy to help out your brother and get back to your old school.

as you trekked through your neighborhood, old tattered running sneakers slightly crunching over the road and  the distant sound of one of your neighbors dogs barking ringing about as you found yourself recollecting your thoughts. now that your brother would be too busy with college work, your parents announced to the neighborhood he would no longer be allowed to babysit and offered your service instead to the parents who needed it. of course, at first you denied it wanted to beg them to reconsider, but they insisted lecturing you about how some of your neighbors would still need help with an ankle biter or two and how it would be a pretty big responsibility but they trusted you to be a good kid and take on any babysitting your neighbors might need. "Yo help the community" they said. loved your family you really do. And would do anything for them.

But did they always have to be so....  Friendly

It's not to say the kids from the neighborhood were misbehaved or anything of the sort, you supposed it was just the tireless routine and being expected to want nothing more...

as you continue on your walk you didn't seem to notice a smile creeping onto your face as you watch the beautiful colors of the trees glow In Afternoon sunlight, peaking through the green into a lovely array of orange, yellow, and red. you breathed in the crips air as the gentle wind caressed your face swatting away your previous gloomy thought like Annoying fruit fly.  As you smiled walking a it faster and clutching your coat tighter.

Nostalgia practically hit you like a train and the bittersweet longing tugged at your hart as you kicked a slightly rounder pebble down the road. The echoes of an old life and cherished Memories of days gone by swirling up in your head, painting the past with a rosy hue even as time slips through your fingers and moves steadily forward.

You thought about a lot a things on your walk. Some important and some more nonsensical. about your classmates. You hoped that still liked you. Gosh the only one you've really talked to was this one girl Sara.Before changing schools in eighth grade Sara (alongside others), was one of your closest friends. And in the year of your absence you found many times in the summer to catch up and talk.

Sara was a kind girl, with pretty sun-kissed skin and lovely dark hair. after hearing about your return (after a very odd bump in at the library while looking for school books) she was ecstatic to say the least, and said she couldn't wait to see you once school starts up again.

As you smiled to yourself recalling the interaction, you then found that your journey had come to an end and once again you were back home.

・・・・・・・・・・・・(this will mean time skip or change of pov )

"Hey, mom" the Young (h/c) teen greeted their mother entering their home.

"How was the walk?" The woman asked in her usual cheerful tone. She was once again parading around in the kitchen in that frilly hand made apron you made for her in the 5th grade on Mother's Day. You've told her countless times to not wear it because it was embarrassing. But she insisted.

"It was fine" (y/n) answered plainly, stepping into their living room.

"Tell your brother that lunch is almost ready" (y/n)s mom instructed From the kitchen counter

up the stairs going to her older brother's room the old wood creaked under her weight (the house probably being older than her parents) she stepped through the threshold of her brother's room it slightly smelled of cigarettes and laundry soap. The scruffy carpet that had been there since she was born flatten against her feet"hey Elliot, mom says lunch is almost ready" the younger sibling called out "mhm" the older sibling replied absently, working on something in his notebook. the room was cluttered with fabrics and art supplies, costumes and other clothing items littering the floor as the (h/c) female tried not to step on anything when approaching her brother.

"still working on that costume design for the play ?" (y/n) asked with a small smile, peering over his shoulder "yeah it's one of our first assignments for the start of the new course" her brother replied.

Elliot. (y/n)s older brother was a participant in the town's theater course. sure he helped with the costumes and sets but his real strong suit was acting. not only that but it was actually what her older brother wanted to do as a career.

Down the hall. As she headed towards her room she couldn't help but wonder how the school year would go, it be nice to not be the new kid and actually see some familiar faces.

This school year would truly be something special.
She could just feel it.

╚════════════════════════╝

      ・・・𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𝔈𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔲𝔢𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊・・・
Edited April 12 2022- Important A/N

Hi, so this was a pretty shity prologue and I'm not really proud of it anymore but I had to start the story somehow.

(Context for later chapters if you continue reading the book)

anyway just a heads up this is kinda of a slow burn story.. kinda. I just feel like I had to do some world building before getting to the unknown. I also wanted the story to be descriptive "paint a picture" if you will. And Actually get some context of who (y/n) is and their dynamic, I'm also kinda tired of the overused tropes of "new kid in school" or " (y/n) is jealous of the original love interest" and try something different.

( ty for 265 reads don't forget to comment and vote ~💕)

Update 2022 oct 23 I changed a couple of this like texting for calling in the first half of the chapter since turns out the original setting of the real world in the series is the 90s :]