6 || Night One

Third Person

Sasuke and Naruto were done getting ready. They wore their uniforms, Naruto wore his new haori over it and Sasuke wore his usual black cloak over his. They both had their newly-made swords placed on their backs hidden under their respective outer clothing. Sasuke really didn't look any different because of his cloak.

They were already outside, just waiting for the crow to go ahead. To be fair, the both of them were also still just setting the small things up: ninja tool bag, Naruto with his headband, all those stuff.

"Ready?" The spiky-haired one asked his teammate.

"Yeah."

"Naruto. Sasuke." A voice suddenly called them from behind. They turned their heads to see who it was. Turns out, it was the master himself, Kagaya Ubuyashiki, walking towards them.

"Master?" Naruto said with a hint of questioning on my voice.

"I just wanted to say good luck to the both of you. Although, I'm already certain that you two will play a big part for the corps." He said with his gentle smile.

Naruto couldn't help but smile back just by his words. His soft voice can really brighten up your day just from saying a few words. Also, like he said before, his voice sounds very similar to a certain someone. Even Kurama thinks the same.

"Yes, Master." The duo said together with a little bow.

"KAW! KAW! NARUTO UZUMAKI! SASUKE UCHIHA! FOLLOW ME TO THE VILLAGE! KAW!" The sound of a crow caught the three people's attention.

"I guess that's your sign." The master said.

"Yup. Let's go, Sasuke!"

Naruto and Sasuke waved their goodbyes to their master. The master only waved back with a visible smile. He still had a huge feeling of appreciation for them after what they did to cure his disease. He trusted them and believed in them, just like a father figure. Although Sasuke didn't see it that way, Naruto definitely did.

"When you said that those two will play a big part for us demon slayers, was that a vision you got, Kagaya? Or is it just a feeling?" A voice from behind Kagaya asked him. It was a familiar voice of a female, the love of his life.

Kagaya turned around and saw his wife, Amane Ubuyashiki, standing behind him. He then answered her question.

"You could call it a mere hunch, but it's a hunch that I truly do believe in."

"I see. I do get where you're coming from. After what they did to you, I could never thank them enough and I expect nothing but special things coming from them."

"Well, let's go. I assume the pillars have all gathered?" The master was the one asking this time, lifting his hand up as a way to offer his hand to his wife.

"Yes, Master." Amane replied while getting a grasp of her husband's hand, having a happy smile on her face.

The two then went to where the pillars were for their meeting. It was quite a sudden one, but all the pillars immediately visited their master after getting the big news and they wanted more details about it. Hence, a meeting that wasn't within their schedule was now being held.

.

Naruto and Sasuke were running towards the forest with the guide of the crow. When they were running, Sasuke took a glance at Naruto and realized that his face was super emotionless. He was looking down rather than forward, it was like he was on autopilot while he was lost in thought.

"You alright?" Sasuke decided to get Naruto's attention.

"A-ah, yeah. Sorry, I spaced out." He answered with his conscious now back in reality.