Ch. 6- The Mummy

The busy avenues signaled the start of a new day as a myriad of people shuffled through stores and establishments with their morning duties and routines.

The detailed and solid structures stretch across the borders of the city, weaving through the natural and lush greeneries of the rainforests.

Scaramouche exhaled, taking in the unfamiliar scenery.

Who would've thought that taking a stroll away from that horrid building felt so...gratifying?

The balladeer shifted his hat, being mindful of his appearance as many locals gave an inquisitive look at his intricate and foreign attire.

The harbinger furrowed his brows, not wanting to be the center of attention as of the moment.

He covered his face, casually strutting near a peaceful place to unwind.

It will be a matter of time before he has to get back to his duties alongside Dottore.

After all, despite the doctor's destructive and twisted nature, non can dispute his talent with machinery and weapons, able to create super soldiers with ease.

The Wise Doctor is truly worthy of his title, putting him aside will only do worse for the Tsaritsa's goal.

It would be a pity to lose such a valuable asset to her grand plan.

.

.

.

The balladeer sealed his eyes shut as he shifted his posture, sensing a presence behind him, observing him quietly.

He paid no mind to it, pretending to be oblivious as he continued to be watched.

Faint footsteps approached the harbinger, prompting him to turn his head back.

" The view here is magnificent, don't you think so?"

Scaramouche hummed, his interest piqued at the appearance of the mysterious individual.

The figure of a man is seen wrapped in bandages from head to toe, a vibrant purple scarf loosely hung on its neck.

The man tilted his head, devoid of a face that is encircled firmly with the coarse fabric.

They nodded at the balladeer's remark.

The harbinger raised a brow while the standing mummy shuffled to his side, creating a reasonable distance between each other.

Scaramouche sighed, this situation was far from a normal one.

The mummy slowly raised its hands, pointing at the glowing core scanner.

" Hmm? What about this device? Have you seen it before?"

He gave a puzzled look as the wrapped figure pulled out a similar circular gadget, from its appearance fitting like a missing puzzle piece to the scanner.

" You have a piece of it? Hey, where are you going?!"
The balladeer shouted, his voice met with silence.

The figure vanished, leaving the balladeer by his lonesome once more.

The newly formed scanner pulsated, showing a short message.

Scaramouche's eyes widened, not fully grasping its relevance or significance.

Whatever it may be, he'll be prepared for it.

.

.

.

.

The moment when it will strike him will only show how eventful such a revelation may lead.

.

.

.

.

Dusk arrived as the harbinger carried on and sat in thought in his quarter, a faint image of the Thunder Sakura flashed across his mind, the shades of pink and purple framing it vividly.

Such a thought lulled the balladeer as the passing days and weeks went by.