| Chapter 1: Red Dawn |

The sun shines upon the world as a new dawn awakens a small village at the edge of the woods. Inside a tiny wooden cottage, a young white hedgehog awakens from her slumber.

"Another beautiful day..." she yawned as she rubs the sleep away from her green gem eyes.

The young woman walks to the window of her bedroom to watch the morning sun rise, with a smile upon her face. This young hedgehog was named Clara the Hedgehog.

"Oh! That's right!" Clara said with sudden realization.

The young girl changes from her light blue night gown...

into a long-sleeved vest with a dark brown skirt and a pair of black flats

...into a long-sleeved vest with a dark brown skirt and a pair of black flats.

into a long-sleeved vest with a dark brown skirt and a pair of black flats

She then runs into the small kitchen and gets to work.

Over an hour passed and the faint scent of cooked food reached the rooms of two males awaking them from their blissful dreams. Both are the same as Clara, they are hedgehogs, however their colors are different. The younger male has blue quills and green eyes while the older hedgehog has a scar over his left eye and is a darker shade of blue and has green eyes as well.

"Good morning, Father." Sonic greeted, stretching his arms.

"Good morning, Son." Jules greeted back, rubbing his eyes.

The two talks amongst each other as they walk into the kitchen, too much to their surprise they found an entire spread of food on the table. Clara scared them by sneaking up behind the men and let out a loud shout. The young girl laughs at the two men scared by her actions.

"Clara, my child your about to send me to an early grave!" Jules panted, touching to where his heart is.

"I'm sorry, Father. I couldn't help myself." Clara giggled.

"Clara, what's this feast laid before us?" Sonic asked.

"Well dear brother, since you're going to be gone for a year, I thought a good breakfast would be good enough time for us to spend us with each other before you guys leave." Clara said with a dazzling smile.