Intro.

I sat in the drivers seat tears streaming down my face. "It's okay, I'm going to get you to hospital everything will be okay." I sobbed looking backwards at my mother who was laying across the back seats, her nose was bleeding and she was coughing up blood, her eyes were dull and had large bags underneath them.

I should of done something. I could of stopped what happened. I wiped beneath my eyes removing the salty tears and began to drive, cautiously looking around. Please don't be following me I thought to myself.

"I'm so sorry mummy." I cried "Keep pressure on it." I pushed down on the gas pedal and looked in my rear view mirror noticing my mum slipping in and out of consciousness clasping her bloodied shot wound in her abdomen.

Sweat beads were collecting on my forehead and I was becoming increasingly anxious, every car with blacked out windows made me swerve nervously on the road. Cars were honking at me as I drove through the hospital gates at way more than 10mph.

When I got out the car I ran to the hospital waiting room and pushed through the queues, people were swearing at me and pushing me as I stopped breathlessly at the busy front desk.

"Please," I managed to choke out, "I need your help."

The women immediately pressed the emergency button which was on her desk and a group of paramedics rushed to my side. Everything felt like slow motion as I ran to the car park and opened the car door revealing my weak mother, the paramedics picked her up and carried her into surgery immediately.

It was too late. Her injuries were too bad. I remember being sat beside her hospital bed clutching her hand as she took her final breaths. She weakly tilted her head to the side and stroked my cheek. "I love you." she forced out, it came out as a hoarse whisper and a tear fell down my cheek. At least she won't have to run anymore.

"I love you too." I whispered, kissing her hand as the life support machine beeped steadily one last time before it flat lined.

When the machine flatlined I got up and left.