𝟱. 𝗛𝗲𝗹𝗽 𝗵𝗶𝗺

Start from the beginning

I can feel him twisting his hand with mine. It makes a shock go through my body. My headache becomes a little less just like the constant sounds in my ears.

"Let's do it"

16:25

"It's us! Please open up!"

Cheongsan and I knock on the broadcasting room door.

"Hara, Cheongsan? Is that really you?"

"Yes it's us hurry!"

The door opens. Onjo grabs our hands and pulls us into the room. Daesu closes the door after we've entered the room.

"Were you bitten?" Nayeon asks quickly.

"No, we're fine" Cheongsan replies out of breathe.

I sigh in relief and look at the new face. "Oh, Ms Park are you here too?"

"Hara..Cheongsan.." She rushes to us and embraces us. "I'm so happy to see you"

"Me too. I can't imagine if one of us turned into one of those things"

The room turns quiet. I look around, questioning why the atmosphere suddenly changed after my words. 

But then, I notice something.

"Where is Isak?"

Everyone looks at the ground. So I ask again.

"Where is Isak?"

Onjo grabs my hand. I look at her with confused eyes.

"Hara..she..she's.."

I shake my head, refusing to believe what my friend is about to say. "Don't"

"I'm so sorry" Onjo's eyes fill with tears.

"She can't" I look at my classmates. "You're joking right?"

"Hara" Ms Park takes place in front of me. "We have to stay positive"

"Positive? Our friend is gone and you want us to stay positive?!"

I start to cry, even though I don't want to. Onjo embraces me and let's our bodies drop down to the ground. She pats my back while letting tears leave her eyes too. 

We sit like that for minutes, with everyone watching.

16:30

My head is resting against the wall while our classmates are gathered around one computer, hoping to find out more about this situation. Wujin sits down besides me and lets out a disappointed sigh. 

"I'm sorry about Isak"

I look at him as he lowers his head to the ground. "I wish we were more careful"

"Let's be more careful from now on then"

He lifts his head and nods. "And not lose anyone anymore"

I feel a shiver go through my body. It's pretty cold in this room. The windows are closed, but it still feels cold. 

"Here"

Wujin takes his cardigan off and gives it to me. I shake my head. 

"It's okay"

"Yours is entirely ripped. I'm always hot so I don't need it"

I look down on my cardigan. He's right, it looks like it's holding on for dear life. Wujin puts his cardigan in my hand. I take my cardigan off and put his around my torso.

"Thank you, again"

Just as he was about to say something, the window breaks. I jump out of my seat and look worried towards the broken glass.