𝟰. 𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗵𝗲

15:30

We run through the hallways with the boys carrying ripped off sliding windows. At first I thought they were just looking for a reason to trash the school, but it's actually a good weapon.

"Hara, keep running!" 

I look back and see that I'm the only one here. The zombies start getting closer. After Minji and coach Kang turned we had to leave our classroom. Everyone is already upstairs, except for me and... 

"Onjo, go!"

She's waiting for me on the stairs, exposing herself to all the zombies coming her way.

"Are you crazy?!"

She grabs her shoe and throws it at the zombie that was getting a little too close to me. I start running up the stairs, but trip over a zombie's leg. My forehead hits the steps. I gently place my hand on it and feel liquid dripping all over it.

"Hara!"

Suhyeok grabs my arm and lifts me up. Onjo helps him with carrying me to the fourth floor where the other classmates are fighting the zombies.

"What do we do? How do we get to the other side?"

Onjo looks around and sees a ripped off window. She grabs it and starts to scream.

"Hey! Here!!"

The zombies turn around and start to run towards us. We fight them off with our hands. I feel a huge wave of rage hit me. I push the zombies off of my friends and continue to hit them, but there are way too many. They start surrounding us with hungry eyes.

"Watch out!"

A zombie was about to bite Suhyeok's leg off, but I push it off of him. He looks surprised by my sudden strength, just like I am. I grab his hand and pull him off the ground. Together, we continue to fight.

"The door is locked!!"

I make my way to the science lab where the others are fighting for their lives. I grab the lock and break it open with my hands. My eyes widen a bit. I look around me to see if anyone saw it, but luckily everyone is busy fighting.

"It's open now. Let's go!"

I open the door and push everyone inside. Daesu is the last one to enter. I close the door quickly and guard it with my body. Everyone starts to shield the door with the tables again. I drop myself on the ground. My bandaid around my arm is ripped off, exposing my bite mark.

"Here, you can cover your wound with it" 

I frighten by the sudden voice. Wujin is standing in front of me with a peace of cloth in his hands. 

"It's not much but at least you can stop the bleeding"

"Did he see my bite mark?"

The boy kneels down in front of me and wraps the cloth around my forehead. I sigh in relief, knowing he didn't see anything.

"Thank you"

He smiles and goes back to helping our classmates with shielding the door. 

"Suhyeok?" Onjo speaks suddenly "Has anyone seen him?"

My eyes shift towards my friend. She looks around her with worried eyes. 

"Hara, you were with him"

"Yeah..but.."

"Then where is he now?"

Everyone has their eyes set on me. I shake my head, not knowing what else to say. Is it my fault? He could've been here if I didn't leave him there.