𝟎𝟏𝟔 - 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐞

I know I promised this update yesterday but a lot of things came up. I'm so sorry. I didn't get the chance to edit this chapter I'm so sorry! Enjoy. 150 votes and a fair amount of comments and I publish the next chapter.

SHE DOESN'T KNOW HOW much time has passed. It could be a minute, maybe twenty. All she knows is a void; A black, writhing hole that now occupies the space in which her brain is supposed to be. Everything is silent. A roaring, painful silence. She's not even sure that she's breathing.

The water isn't running anymore. Somewhere in this void of hers she turned it off. She thinks she's cold, her pebbled skin gives it away.

Harry has not returned yet, and she wonders if he ever will.

Gin.

Not Ginny or Weasley. He didn't call her that. No, it was Gin.

She wonders what he'd call her.

It isn't what it looks like, Jade.

Just Jade. A someone to fill that gaping hole in his chest until he's ready for his one true love. Until he gets his shit together. She wonders if that is today, and hates that part in herself that wishes he would never get over it.

It'd mean that she was temporary. Like she was Pansy's temporary friend or Draco's temporary lover. But then, she is to wed Draco and not Harry, so maybe she is not that temporary after all.

A doorknob clicks somewhere far away and it scares her that she doesn't bother to look up from that drain.

The bathroom door opens.

"Jade." He says. A plea on his lips. A statement more than a question. She squeezes her eyes shut to halt that treacherous tear threatening to roll free. She does not cry, she tells herself. Neither does Pansy. Or Daphne. No, Slytherin does not cry.

He says her name again but it sounds more like an echo.

When did gruffing her name and praising her turn into this?

She hates herself for it.

His voice reverberates across the bathroom. "It isn't what it looks like."

It sure is.

She clears her throat. "I have no interest in this anymore."

The silence her statement brings forth is palpable. It's like he's not even there and that she is just a ghost. He straightens, sees it out of the corners of her eyes.

"Jade if you would just listen

She huffs out a humourless laugh. Or something like that. It's more a wheeze of air. "You told me that you didn't kiss her that day and that it was because of me." Her lip trembles. "You said it was because you couldn't get me out of your mind."

What have you done to me? I'm fucking addicted to you, the words he'd uttered grip her like phantom hands.

"It was true Jade—"

"Was?" She snaps, head whipping up to face him. "It was?"

His green eyes widen, and he straightens his glasses. He moves closer to the shower. "No— that's not—"

It is her turn to hurt him. Do what she does best. "I guess you're as much of a liar as your mentor was," She seethes. "I'm sure Albus Dumbledore looks down on us right fucking now, and praises what dirtbag you've become."

His features contort into a sneer and he grinds his teeth. "Do not talk about him."

"I'm pretty fucking certain that Sirius did not die for you to—