❥𝟳↬𝗔 𝗣𝗹𝗲𝗮 𝗧𝗼 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗻𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗲

Several minutes later, you and Brian had decided to leave the bar. No one knew what to do, and you and Brian were no exception. Though you were clueless and confused, the pair of you had agreed to get into his car and just drive.

The chaos amongst the citizens was only getting worse, and nearly every person you saw was panicking.

To your relief, Brian's car had been parked in the best spot he could have chosen, because his vehicle had not been affected by the hailstorm.

All that could be heard, on the streets, were the sounds of wailing and despair, a result of loved ones being discovered deceased.

You and your husband were now in the car, and as he drove, you observed everything from the front passenger's seat.

There were no words to accurately describe how miserable everything looked, and the skies were only growing more pink, now showing off a hint of purple. You could barely make out the clouds anymore, and you couldn't distinguish the sun either.

However, everything was still bright.

As Brian drove, you began to realize that the extent of the hailstorm's aftermath was a lot more widespread than you thought.

There seemed to be a never-ending line of bodies, surrounded by loved ones that were utterly distraught. Tears streamed down your face when you saw that some of the deceased individuals were children - it was heartbreaking.

You'd tried turning on the car radio, but all you'd heard was a distorted voice mentioning something about 'the end' before it went static.

Now that most communication lines were down, there was no way to figure out what was happening. Being left without updates only left the public more confused, but given the way everything was falling apart, an update would have done nothing to help.

"I don't know where we're going, but we have to get out of this area," Brian remarked as he drove, his expression tense. "There's far too much..."

But you hadn't replied, for you had now noticed a disturbing sight in the sky. Peeking through your window, you gulped when you spotted several objects that resembled asteroids, hurtling straight toward the planet, heading toward different areas of course.

"Um...Brian?" your tone was shaky. "You're an Astrophysicist, right?"

He was a bit perplexed by the question, but that was only because he hadn't seen it yet.

"Yes, (Y/N), you know that,"

"So tell me why I'm seeing what I'm seeing!" you panicked, pointing to what you were looking at.

Brian frowned, ducking slightly so that he could see through your window. When he saw it, his face fell.

"Well, that's just a big f*** you to everything I've studied," he commented, completely floored.

"Well?" you stared at him expectantly, still waiting for an answer of some sort.

He looked at you, shaking his head. "I don't know!"

"You're an Astrophysicist! You study objects like that!" you countered.

"Yes, well unfortunately, I was never present for the lecture that prepared us for the day the Universe gave us the middle finger!" he retorted.

"So you mean to tell me that you guys go so far as to theorize what it would be like for a human being to fall into a black hole, but you've never theorized what it would be like if the Universe decided to diss you?! Between surviving falling into a black hole and dodging a Universe diss track, I'd say the latter is MORE REALISTIC!" you continued frantically.